forty-seven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬VISIT

"ARE YOU SAD OR HAPPY?"

 TW! none 

◦✿◦⸺CASPIA AND JULY DIDN'T want to have a funeral for Mary, Caspia's mother, because when Mary got cancer, she told July that if something happened, she didn't want to have a funeral because she didn't want Caspia to have to say goodbye to her. Mary had been buried and Caspia had never been to her grave before because she didn't want to have to accept the fact that her mother was gone.

Today, although, that was going to change. Before Caspia went to her first day of the merged karate, she wanted to see her mom. Caspia had visited the cemetery where her mother's grave was and she stood in front of it. The stone read her mother's name and Caspia had a small tear fall down her face. She quickly wiped it away before sitting down in front of the stone. "Hi, mom. I know the last time I talked to you, I was the cafeteria ninja, but a lot has happened. I lost Eli for a while, Miguel was in a coma, but he's fine now, I have Eli back. I'm taking medication for my anxiety and stress, but I haven't needed them as much anymore."

A few more tears fell down Caspia's face and she quickly wiped them away, but they kept coming.

"I miss you a lot. I wish you didn't have to leave-" Caspia cut herself off by putting her hand over her mouth. Caspia broke down crying and she hid her face in her hands. She then looked back up and took a deep breath.

"I wish I was as strong as you. I just wanted to stop by before I went to karate. I know you'd be proud of me for doing this. I promise I'll come by more. Maybe I can bring Miguel one day. He's my best friend and I know you'd really like him." Caspia wiped away the last of her tears before standing up. "Love you, mom."

.⭒•.☆  ☆.•⭒.

Caspia had gotten changed into her leggings and tied her plain red shirt so that it was tighter on her waist. She was a little late, so she was rushing, but she spent longer with her mother than she planned to. Her eyes were still a little red and it was still a little obvious that she was crying, but Caspia was trying to stay strong.

Caspia walked into the back of Miyagi-Do where everyone was stretching. She saw Johnny talking with Miguel and Daniel was standing in front of everyone, waiting for them to be ready. Caspia walked over to him and he noticed her pretty quick. "Caspia, it's good to see you."

"Sorry I'm a little late." Daniel saw that she was crying and immediately became concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a rough morning."

"Well, I can probably turn that around. I actually got you something." Daniel went into the dojo for a second before coming back out with a cheque in his hand. He handed it to her and Caspia looked at the amount on it. "What's this for?"

"Your aunt asked me a few days ago if she could take on extra shifts to make extra money. That's when my business was going through a ruff patch and I almost had to let her go, but July told me that she would do anything to keep her job because she wanted to give you everything your parents couldn't. I kept her and I gave her extra shifts once the business was back on its feet, but she told me that you started working to earn money for hospital bills. Not yours though, his." Daniel pointed at Miguel and Caspia smiled a little, proud of what she did.

"I don't know how many people would do that. You truly are an amazing person and I wanted to help you. I asked your aunt and that's enough money to pay for your hospital bills." Caspia put a hand over her mouth as she looked at the cheque. Caspia shook her head as she took her hand away. "I can't take this."

"Caspia-"

"It's too much, I can't."

"You have earned this. You deserve a reward." A happy tear fell down her face as she suddenly attacked Daniel in a hug. "Thank you so much!"

Caspia pulled away and looked at the cheque again. "This helps so much, thank you!"

"It's no problem. You deserve it. Here, we can keep it inside until training's done." She handed the cheque back to Daniel who put it back inside for safe keeping. Caspia went over to Hawk and Demetri who were on a deck stretching. They saw that she had been crying but also had a smile on her face.

"Are you sad or happy?" Demetri asked as soon she got over there.

"Both kind of."

"What happened?" Hawk curiously asked, wanting to know mostly why he thought such a beautiful girl would've been crying. Caspia started stretching her arms with them as she said, "Mr. LaRusso just gave me a cheque to pay off my hospital bills."

"Hey! That's great!"

"Yeah." Caspia's voice became a little sadder, but Caspia knew to elaborate. "My mom died a bit ago and I hadn't gone to her grave yet. I didn't want to have to face her, so I finally went today and I kinda broke down. That's why I was a little late."

"Are you okay?" Hawk asked with with worry laced in his tone. "I'm okay. I'll just focus on the positive. My hospital bills are gone! Woo!"

Caspia pumped her fists a little before Demetri said, "What about your mom's hospital bills? She had cancer right?"

Caspia gave him a bored look as if she was silently saying, 'why did you bring that up?' "Yeah, we still do, but my dad can probably take care of that, so all of our money issues should be gone."

Hawk couldn't help but notice that she was a little tense. "Hey, it's gonna be fine."

Caspia gave him a weak smile and nodded. Johnny and Daniel were both now at the front and got everyone's attention. Caspia stood in between Demetri and Hawk and Hawk could see how tense Caspia was, so he discretely hooked their pinkies and he saw out of the corner of his eye, Caspia look over at him and smile. A small smile played on Hawk's lips too. He was slowly getting her back.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦