twenty-one

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ROLE MODEL

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT."

TW! none •

◦✿◦⸺AFTER KARATE CLASS, EVERYONE was supposed to go to Hawk's house to watch a karate movie that Johnny wanted them to watch to discuss tomorrow. Because Caspia was helping Robby and Daniel LaRusso make his new dojo, she had to help get some new supplies, so she made the excuse that she was having a girl's night with her aunt.

Caspia, Daniel and Robby were all in a home hardware store and they were getting stuff for shelves.

"Mr. LaRusso, I think I found the screw thingy you were looking for." Caspia said. She wasn't really good with building things as was proven when Miguel had to help her move in. "No, that's a deck screw."

"I mean, we could use that to hang the shelf." Robby said, defending Caspia.

"But then the screw will be doing all the work. Eventually, it will give out under all this weight." Mr. LaRusso explained. "What we really need is a toggle bolt."

"Is it this thing?" Caspia said, holding up a random screw she found which actually happened to be the right one.

"Yes, that's it." Caspia smiled as she handed the screw to Daniel. When she realized that Robby and Daniel were looking behind her, she turned around and saw Johnny. "Oh, hi, sensei."

"Hey, kid." She could feel the tension, although she assumed it was because of Daniel and Johnny, not the fact that Robby is Johnny's son. Caspia didn't know that.

"Uh, we'll go pay and meet you by the car." Daniel said to Robby. He motioned for Caspia to follow him and she did so with confusion written across her face. As her and Daniel got far enough away, Caspia questioned why they were leaving. "Why did we leave Robby alone with my sensei?"

"He's Robby's dad." Caspia's eyes went wide although Daniel was confused by her expression. "You didn't know that? I figured Robby would've told you."

"He didn't. Probably because he's my sensei." Daniel nodded, agreeing with her. After Daniel payed for everything, they walked back to the car and started packing everything in the car. A few minutes later, Robby came back out, clearly upset. "How'd it go back there?"

"Same way it always goes. Cares more about his rivalry with you than he does about me." Daniel patted him on the shoulder and got in the car. Robby then was faced with Caspia who had a soft look on her face.

"I assume you know he's my dad now." Caspia nodded. "I don't know what your relationship is with him, but it's obviously not a good one. If you ever wanna talk, I'll listen."

Robby smiled and opened his arms. Caspia wrapped her arms around his waist and he hugged her back. "Thanks, Caspia."

Caspia patted his back and they pulled away. They both got in the back seat since neither of them wanted to leave the other alone in the back.

A little while later, after Caspia had helped put the shelves up, Sam ended up joining Miyagi-Do. There wasn't any bad blood between Sam and Caspia even though Caspia was so close with Miguel. They just wanted to be friends and they were good with that. Sam was also happy with the fact that there was a nice Cobra Kai.

As far as Robby was concerned, his mother had been out of the house for days and there wasn't a sign of her coming back soon. He wanted to hang out with Caspia more since she was actually a cool person and he didn't know how comforting she was. She acted great with his dad situation and he knew Caspia would be nice about his situation with his mother. Caspia was grabbing her bag, ready to skate home when Robby walked up behind her, accidentally scaring her.

"Hey, Caspia-" Caspia grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back out of fear.

"It's just me! It's just Robby!" Caspia immediately let go. "Sorry!"

Robby laughed slightly, but then actually got to the point he wanted to make. "I was just wondering if you wanted to stay over at my house. I know your friend might catch you going back to your apartment and my mom hasn't been home in days."

"Sure. Sounds fun." Caspia didn't really have to think about it, she was getting fairly close with Robby and he brought up a good point about Miguel catching her when she were to go back to her apartment. Robby and Caspia headed back to his apartment. Of course Robby's mom still wasn't there. He told Caspia about the situation and she was comforting about it. She understood he didn't want to talk about it too much and she was fine with that. They spent time talking, watching movies, just being friends when they finally decided to head to sleep. In the morning, Robby had woken up due to the sound of someone opening the front door, but Caspia was still sleeping. She had fallen asleep in a chair while Robby was on the couch. He sneakily got off the couch and waited to see what the random man was doing in his apartment. When he saw an opening, Robby ran right at the man and sent a flying kick his way. Suddenly, the lights turned on and Robby's mom appeared. "Robby! What is wrong with you?!"

The yelling and kicking woke up Caspia, so she turned around in the chair and watched the scene unfold. "What's wrong with me? You haven't been here in days. I thought someone broke in."

"I'm sorry, I just came to grab a few things 'cause Rick is flying me to Cabo." Robby's mom said as she motioned to the guy Robby had kicked. Robby was very clearly shocked.

"Wait. You're going to Mexico? With this guy? For how long? I mean, we have to pay rent and I don't have-" Robby's mom cut him off. "Don't worry about that because, Rick, you're paying this month, right?"

"I got you, pal." He said in a friendly tone towards Robby who clearly was not okay with him calling him 'pal'. "When are you coming back?"

"A few days. A week and half, tops." Robby's mom then saw Caspia and gave a little wave.

"Don't party too hard. I see you already have a girl over. Now you guys have some time alone." Robby's mom said as she nudged Robby teasingly.

"It's not like that."

"Of course it's not." She then winked, clearly not believing him. "It's not, she has a boyfriend."

"She's not married." Robby gave his mom a look of disbelief, but she just acted like she was being a sweet mom.

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" With that, Rick and Robby's mom left the apartment. Caspia could feel the anger radiating off of Robby, so being the good friend she is, she got to her feet and walked over to him. She put a hand on Robby's shoulder and he tapped her hand. "I'm sorry about her."

"You don't have to apologize. I know what it's like to have shitty role models." Although her shitty role model was her old sensei Kreese. But she was thankful that he was far away. But in reality, he was a closer than she thought.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦

a/n

I wanted to build Robby and Caspia's relationship so that's kind of all this chapter was.