forty-three

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬STAND UP

"CAN YOU WALK IN A CIRCLE?"

 TW! medication 

◦✿◦⸺CASPIA WAS SITTING ON her couch and she was putting on her metal knee brace. Caspia had to wear a cloth one when she went to bed, but wear the metal one the rest of the time. Caspia finished putting it on before she heard a knock at her door. She got up from her couch and opened the door to be met with Miguel...standing.

Caspia's jaw dropped and she couldn't get a word out. "W...You...How...Wha?"

"I know right!" Caspia engulfed him in a tight hug and he hugged her back. When they pulled away, Caspia finally was able to say something. "Holy shit!"

Miguel couldn't help but laugh. Caspia pulled him into another hug and happy tear fell down her face. When they pulled away, Caspia put her hands to her mouth.

"Can you...Can you walk in a circle?" Caspia said getting choked up.

Miguel laughed again as he casually walked in a circle. Caspia hid her face in her hands and was so incredibly happy. "Holy shit, this is the greatest day of my life!"

Miguel smiled and pulled his sister into a hug. Caspia hugged him tightly again as she said, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks, Cassy." When they pulled away, Caspia wiped her tears away with her sweater.

"Johnny actually helped me. He's the reason I can walk." Caspia raised her eyebrows in surprise. She then sighed which confused Miguel. "What's wrong?"

"I was a little rude to him because I thought it was his fault you were in the hospital."

"Cassy, it's fine. I thought the same thing before he got me determined and helped me. If you want, we can go see him." Caspia nodded her head and the two walked a few meters to Johnny's apartment. Caspia knocked on the door and Johnny answered decently quickly. Before he could say anything, Caspia blurted out, "I'm so, so, so sorry! I was so rude to you, but you're the reason he's walking and it's the best day of my life because of that and just thank you and I'm still really sorry about what I said, I take it all back."

Caspia then took a deep breath and Johnny smiled. "It's alright, Reaper. I forgive you."

Caspia smiled and was still really happy and jittery.

"You alright, kid?" Johnny said, seeing how bubbly she was.

"He's walking!" Caspia said as he poked Miguel's arm. She wasn't lying when she said that this was the best day of her life. Her best friend and brother got his strength back.