I 1 I

(Currently under editing)

☂ That's one badass stapler  

If there was a competition for Worst Dad Ever, I would win by a landslide.

I'm serious. Dear Father Reginald, who supposedly raised the most powerful siblings in New York was a shitty parent. Who would've thought? The poster-family of superhero's was actually a disaster hidden under some sweet merch and success stories. 

Dad quite literally kept me locked up in a dark chamber for my entire life. The chamber was cold to a cryo-level, keeping me in a state-of-near-death coma so I wouldn't age. The fear was that if I aged, my powers would grow and I'd become this unstoppable supervillain, as opposed to the perfect puppet he wanted. 

I can manipulate any state of matter, including all natural elements, as well as physical emotions. It's complicated but in simple terms-I control things. Because of this, my dear father thought I was a risk to society and should not be allowed to mingle with the rest of my superior siblings until I learned to control my powers. Congratulations to me.

I'm glad he's dead.

Call me cold however much you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he was a maniacal, power-hungry, sadistic, monster. 

I knew something was wrong when the constant ringing in my ears disappeared. Dad kept me on pills to subdue my powers, but he had failed to visit the night before. 

I thought the cryo-chamber was cold, but it was nothing compared to the outside world. My first few breaths of fresh air were like a jolt to the system. A re-routing of what was left of my brain and its feeble attempt to comprehend life. And death. And breathing.

The cellar was cold and dark.

There was a small set of four brown stairs leading up to the door. One. Two. Three. Four. I felt the wood underneath my bare feet, taking into account the fact that I was wearing only an oversized t-shirt. The logo painted across the top said "THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY" in bold black letters. It was a blessing that the shirt fell just past my thighs because I had the inkling of a suspicion there was nothing else under it. 

By the time I'd fully broken out of my confinement, his body was gone, and the press was practically banging down the door.

The next day, Vanya showed up to help me force the reporters away from our house.

Vanya Hargreeves, my adoptive sister and only friend.

Dad also kept her hidden for power-related reasons, but unlike me, she was allowed to meet and intermingle with our other siblings.

I expect the other six will be arriving any day now. 

Author's note:

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter/intro! It's just to give you a bit of an idea of what Y/n Hargreeves is like, and her powers. So to clarify everything up for y'all, she's mentally 28, but physically 15. I've aged Five up to 16, to make things a bit....better, if you know what I mean. I'm considering writing a couple of more ✨ mature ✨ chapters, but I haven't decided yet, so let me know what you think. 

-Author

I'll be posting a chapter a night from now on:)