Chapter Twenty-One - Late Night Fun

{Chapter Twenty-One - Late Night Fun}

•Violet Preston•

There was a loud applause as we entered the auditorium to find Ali on stage holding the snowflake trophy alongside another guy in her art class.

We took our original seats at our table as we watched Aunt Serena come onto the stage as Ali and the guy got off.

"Congratulations," Carly who was at our table whispered to Ali who took a seat in between her and Hayden. Everyone in a table congratulated her just as Aunt Serena loudly cleared her throat so that everyone would pay attention to her speak.

"A big congratulations to our two snowflake winners of our annual winter art show," Serena said as people started clapping again. "Thank you for those who had contributed their beautiful pieces to the show and those who had come to join us in this wonderful event."

"Oh my, she's going to announce the grand prize!" I heard Ali squeal quietly in her chair.

"As many of you know there is a grand prize for those eight snowflake winners and those eight are all present here today so I would like to call them up," Serena announced.

Eli, Ali, and I got up from the table and made our way to the stage along with a few other students from drama and dance.

"So the grand prize is...a trip to White Coolings, the most exclusive ski resort in the country," Aunt Serena said with not the slightest amount of enthusiasm.

"She does know that this isn't much of a grand prize right?" Eli whispered in my ear. "Anyone of us can afford to go there anytime we want."

I shrugged in response, "that's true."

"The trip is scheduled for the second week of winter break right after Christmas so start packing you bags now," Aunt Serena finished and there was one final applause. She handed us each a ticket along with additional information, not forgetting to give me a look at disproval as she did.

After the art show ended, Eli and I said our goodbyes and left before everyone else.

"So where are we going now?" Eli said as he opened the passenger door for me.

"I thought you were driving me home," I said as I hopped into the car.

"Well, I thought that since it's only ten, we could do something fun like...I don't know...maybe go go-karting?" Eli suggested as he got into the driver's seat.

"Go karting? Now?" I asked skeptically.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Well if you haven't realized I'm wearing a dress at the moment and it's pretty late to go," I pointed out.

"That's why I came prepared," Eli smiled as he reached into the back seat and handed me a tote bag. "I brought some clothes for you to change into. Also Roy's dad owns an indoor go kart track plus he owes me a favour so I can go anytime I want."

"I never knew you were the type of person who thinks far ahead. You seem like the type who does things on impulse," I said.

"Well that's because you don't know me that well sweet pea. I may be impulsive sometimes but most of the time I'm always a couple steps ahead of everyone."

"I see, that must mean you're very smart then. And I guess you get straight A's as well," I joked as Eli pulled out of the school parking lot.

Eli didn't reply when I looked at him expectantly, but instead he had a big smirk on his face as he concentrated on the road.