Chapter Twenty-Two - Meet the Grandma

{Chapter Twenty-Two - Meet the Grandma}

•Violet Preston•

I laid on my bed while Aunt Serena's voice echoed throughout my head.

"Me and my private investigative team may have found a possible suspect for your phone threat, breaking into my Halidale mansion, and for killing your father," Aunt Serena started.

"Who is it?" I asked warily with my heart hammering against my chest.

"Mr. Desmond," she stated.

"Eli?" I asked. That didn't seem right...

"Eli's father."

I let out a loud sigh as I stared aimlessly at the ceiling. I had the strong urge to just scream in frustration. Just thinking about all this was stressful and confusing. My father's potential killer was going be marrying my mom and is my boyfriend's father. Just great. Could life get any more complicated than it already is?

Suddenly there was a couple knocks on my bedroom door. "Hey V, I just wanted to apologize about what happened back in Halidale," Grayson called.

"Go away," I said as I rolled onto my belly and put my face onto my pillow. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him or anyone right now.

"How many times do I have to apologize?" He asked. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I came back to Harlmont to take care of you for your aunt."

"I really don't want to talk now," my voice came out muffled through my pillow.

"I want to talk now. I couldn't talk to you since you've been ignoring me for the past two days," he complained.

I huffed as I got up from my bed and yanked my door open to tell Grayson to get lost face to face when he suddenly came tumbling towards me causing us both to fall down.

I groaned loudly as I felt Grayson's heavy body crushing mine-I was on my back while he was too close on top of me. "Grayson, you're crushing my lungs, I can barely breath," I said in a strained voice.

"Oh sorry," he apologized as he lifted his body off of mine and instead of getting up, he planked over my body preventing me from getting up.

"Can you please get off of me entirely?" I asked.

"I am off of you," he stated.

"No you're not. You're hovering over top of me."

"Just listen to what I have to say first and I'll get off of you," he started and I nodded. "So when I got a call from your Aunt I was so surprised at first but once I heard about a potential threat to you I came rushing to Harlmont."

"Wait, how did Aunt Serena know that I was in danger before I even got the text message?" I asked.

"I don't know. I think she might have been tracing the killers for a while now. After all they killed your father who is her brother as well."

"Yeah, that makes sense. But if I wasn't in danger you wouldn't have rushed to Harlmont would you?" I asked, trying not to hide my disappointment. Even though I did treat Grayson poorly ever since he came back to Harlmont, he was still my best friend after all and he was someone I still cared about as annoying as he may be.

Grayson stared at me with those blue eyes of his for a moment before shaking his head. "I'm sorry. I have a life in California; a career, friends, family. Here, I don't feel like I fit in anymore."

"Who actually feels like they fit in Harlmont?" I tried to joke even though I felt so sad for some reason.

"That's true. Harlmont is the place where people try to fit in but eventually learn that this isn't a place where people 'just' fit in. That's what helps those who leave Harlmont discover a place where they truly belong because they already know what kind of place they don't belong in."