Chapter Twenty-Six - Oh Mighty Genius

Guys, I'm alive. This chapter's been a long time coming.

{Chapter Twenty-Six - Oh Mighty Genius}

•Violet Preston•
Grayson and I were downstairs, watching cartoons (because Grayson 'felt like it') when the sound of doorbell rang throughout the house. It rang a couple times but none of us bothered to get up.

"Why isn't anyone opening the door?" I wondered because Nada was the maid who usually answered the door.

"You answer it," Grayson said.

"You're so lazy, you know that?" I shook my head disapprovingly at him as I got up to go answer the door.

"I know," he said cheerfully, his eyes glued on the television as he mindlessly reached for some popcorn which only ended up missing his mouth and falling onto his lap.

"You're a hopeless child," I stated as I left the room, getting no response from a preoccupied Grayson.

I opened the door to find Eli standing outside looking flawless as always. "What are you doing here?"

"My oh my, Preston, you've forgotten about today, haven't you?" Eli grinned as he spoke.

"What exactly did I forget?" I asked as I tried to rack my brain of anything important but nothing seemed to pop up.

"Two words...White...Coolings."

Right after he finished, everything came back to me. Today was when we had to leave for White Coolings, that grand prize for the snowflake winners. So much had happened in the last few days after Christmas that I barely had time to think about that. Ali had recovered from her allergic reaction, Hayden had forgiven me to my surprise, my mom and Mr. Desmond left for a getaway together to who knows where and did not announce their engagement to the public after all, and Grayson's parents left for California yesterday. Not to mention that we also completely aborted the plan with grandma Lili because it really wasn't going to work out the more I thought about it. In addition to everything, ever since I told Eli the truth that someone was out to get me, he's been spending even more time with me. Not that his company was unwelcome of course. However I would never admit it to his face that I actually enjoyed his company...a lot.

"I really don't want to go...I just want to stay home," I couldn't help but blurt out. I was tired and not interested in doing anything hence the fact that I was still in my pjs.

"Don't you fret sweet pea, I knew you wouldn't want to go and neither do I. Luckily, your charming boyfriend knows you well enough and has come prepared. I gave my ticket away to Hayden so he could go with Ali and now we need to get rid of yours. Give me your ticket," he said.

I looked at him curiously but quickly went upstairs to retrieve it for him. "How exactly are you getting rid of mine?" I asked him as I handed it to him.

Suddenly, Nada came down the staircase lugging down what appeared to be Grayson's suitcase.

"Nada, have I told you how awesome you are?" Eli exclaimed with a smile and hugged my maid once she came down.

"All the time Mr. Eli," she rolled her eyes, giving him the suitcase and a few other stuff of Grayson's. "Don't call me up for anymore favours, kid," she gave him a sour look.

"I love you too Nada," he winked at her as she approached me.

"Sorry about not answering the door Miss. Violet," she gave me a little bow and gave Eli a look, "I was preoccupied as you could tell."

"No worries, it's alright," I replied and she left us.

"She hates you," I grinned at Eli.

"Please, she loves me, she just doesn't know it yet."

"You're in such a happy mood today," I observed.

"Why wouldn't I be? We'll be getting rid of Grayson in the next three minutes and I won't have to see that idiot for a week! Why wouldn't that make me happy?"

"What makes you so sure he'll agree to go?" I challenged him. I know Grayson well enough to know that he would not agree to this.

"Oh, I don't know if he wants to go but I know for a fact that he'll go whether he likes it or not," Eli replied with a devilish smile and I knew he definitely had something up his sleeve. "Hey Grayson! Preston's drowning in the snow!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs and then pushed me behind him.

"He'll never fall for something that-" I spoke too soon because the next thing I saw from behind Eli's back was Grayson running at top speed right out the front door.

"You were saying?" He smirked at me before placing Grayson's suitcase outside. I almost slapped my forehead at Grayson's stupidity.

"Where is she? I can't seem to find her," Grayson said, catching his breath.

"See that's black limo, she's there with everyone ready to go to White Coolings. Take your suitcase, cellphone, ticket, jacket, house keys and go. Apparently, Ms. Kane wanted you to go look after her."

"But what about you?" Grayson asked, completely oblivious to the fact that I was still inside the house.

"I'm not about skiing," he replied simply and gave me a little gesture to stay back when he noticed me try to approach where he was standing at the door.

"No, why are you here now if you aren't going?" He pestered Eli and I could tell Eli was starting to lose his patience.

"House watching!" And with that, Eli slammed the door in his face. "Man, for a second there, I actually started to doubt my skills and that he was never going to leave," he slapping his hands together.

"You know once he realizes I'm not in that car with everyone, he's going to come running back to the house," I started.

"Don't doubt my skills sweet pea. I'm prepared for everything. I just told the driver, well I may have gave him a hundred bucks to drive straight to the airport the moment a blond boy gets in and not to let him out during the ride."

"What about after he reaches the airport oh mighty genius?" I inquired.

"We'll be gone on a trip on our own, far far away from the others. You didn't think that Grayson's suitcase was the only one that I asked Nada to pack, did you?" He smirked at me.

"You-" I pointed at him accusingly.

"Devilishly handsome, smart boyfriend of mine whom I love. You're amazing!"

I was at a loss of words. I was kind of thrilled to go somewhere all of a sudden which wasn't like me at all. The idea of where Eli could have possibly planned excited me but then I thought back to the time we ended up in Halidale.

"We're not going to somewhere like Halidale, are we?" I asked him. "Don't get me wrong, Halidale was a nice place and all but a place similar to Halidale just doesn't seem like a place one would go to for a trip."

"For the millionth time, I'm a genius. Trust me, we're not going to a cold place, we going to a land where there's a ton of heat. So be prepared to melt, ice princess."