Chapter Three - Lover's Quarrel?

{Chapter Three - The Head Mistress' Office}                  

Violet Preston

"This is your entire fault," Eli whispered in my ear as we sat outside of the head mistress' office.

         "My fault?" I glared at him. "I'm not even going to argue with you anymore." We've been arguing since the security guards caught us and brought us to the office.

         "Well if you hadn't sprained your ankle and could have ran away, you wouldn't have needed me to run back for you and get us both caught," he stated and I huffed in frustration.

         "How many times do I have to tell you that I didn't ask you to come back for me?" I snapped at him. So much for no more arguing. I usually didn't snap often; I just ignore people when they irritate me, but lately I've been snapping like crazy within the half an hour of meeting Eli.

         "I never knew you had it in you to throw mayo in my face," he ignored my comment. "That's not a very ice princess type thing to do."

         "I know my ice princess image has been tinted. I-don't-care-any-more." I leaned closer to his face, a little too close, but I wanted to get my point across to this stubborn boy.

         Before he had the chance to respond, someone cleared their throat. Mrs. Kane, head mistress of Preston and also my aunt stood outside her office door, eyeing the mayo stains that was all over our clothes in noticeable distaste. She had her dirty blonde hair in a tight bun and wore her usual attire for school-a black blazer, black pencil skirt, and black pump heels. She also wore a serious expression on her face which meant she was ready to get down to business.

         "Mr. Desmond and Miss. Preston, you may come in now," she announced coldly before heading back inside her office.

         Eli and I exchanged nervous glances before entering. I had to admit I was kind of scared of my Aunt Serena right now. I mean she wasn't actually all that bad when she was out of school, but when she was in head mistress zone, she could be the most strictest and scariest person in Harlmont.

         "You both know why you're here," she glanced at us expressionless as we took a seat on her leather padded chairs, staining them with mayo. "What I would like to know is how in the world this happened?"

         Neither of us spoke as silence become more evident in the office. I honestly didn't know what to say, but I decided to open my mouth to speak anyways when Eli beat me to it.

         "I did it ma'am.  Suspend me," he said and I stared at him like he was insane. What sane person would ask to get suspended? Wait, I don't think Eli was sane at all. One minute he's blaming me for everything and the next minute he's claiming he did it. Somebody needs to get this dude to a doctor or something.

         "I appreciate your honesty Mr. Desmond, but I asked how and why this happened," Aunt Serena simply replied.

         I decided to speak up and explain. "Well, it all started when Ali and I exited the main building because my ankle got sprained and balloons filled with mayo fell on us from the roof. Then people started gathering around us and I got angry so I threw mayo in the air and I had no idea it would hit Eli," I retold the story before getting interrupted by Eli.

         "Which it did," he added and he ended up continuing the story, "then I got angry and threw mayo back at her face and everyone around us started fighting with the mayo afterwards."

         "So it wasn't a lover's quarrel?" She asked with a straight and serious face.

         Lover's...quarrel?