Chapter Twenty-Four - Crunchy Dessert

{Chapter Twenty-Four - Crunchy Dessert}

•Violet Preston•

HOOOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKKKKK!!!!

I nearly fell off the bed at the sound of what sounded like an air horn.

"Ali, what the hell?" Eli exclaimed next to me on the bed. We must've fell asleep on his bed last night.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" she yelled at the top of lungs as squeezed the horn some more.

Eli groaned, covering his ears and went into the covers. I rubbed my eyes and took a good look of Ali but more of what she was wearing. She had a Mrs. Claus outfit on including a white wig and Hayden wasn't looking too happy next to her wearing a Santa suit.

"What's the costumes for?" I asked.

"It's Ali's Christmas tradition," Eli came out of the covers and started pushing back his hair. "Morning beautiful," he gave me a peck on the lips, seeming much more happier than a minute ago when Ali blew the horn. "I like the Santa get up Hayden," he grinned at Hayden who had looked like he wanted to rip off his fake wig and beard any moment now.

"Hey, are you taking pictures?!" Hayden exclaimed when Eli pulled out his phone.

"I'm most definitely not," Eli lied, shaking his head with a huge grin on his face.

"Desmond, you are so dead," he jumped straight at Eli on the bed, trying to reach for the phone in Eli's hand.

I quickly got out of bed, not wanting to get stuck in the middle of their little "gimme the phone" game.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush? I forgot mine at home," I asked Ali, ignoring the arguing taking place on the bed.

"Sure, follow me," she led us out of Eli's room and to the nearest washroom.

After finishing getting ready, I made my way to the main living area where Eli and Ali were waiting to open presents. Ali was still in her Mrs. Claus attire and Hayden seemed to have went home, most likely because of Eli. To my surprise, I spotted my mom in the room sitting next to Mr. Desmond.

"Hi mom," I started awkwardly as I walked inside.

"Merry Christmas honey," mom said as she got up to hug me.

"Merry Christmas to you too," I replied as she released me and went back to sit down. I took a seat between Ali and Eli on the couch next to my mom and Mr. Desmond.

"So what did you get me?" Eli whispered to me as my mom began gathering the presents from under the gigantic Christmas tree that nearly reached the ceiling.

"It's a secret," I placed my finger on lips as I grinned. Then I felt Ali nudge me a bit too hard in the stomach and I realized our parents were staring at us suspiciously.

"Shall we open presents?" Mom handed one of Ali's presents, then one to Eli, and one to me. "These are from us," she said referring to her and Mr. Desmond.

The three of us thanked them and began opening presents for the rest of the morning. I got Eli a new leather jacket which he seemed pretty pleased with it. For Ali, I got her another sewing kit to add to the many that she had already had as I had only found out yesterday. It was too late to return it but Ali graciously accepted it anyways.

"More the kits, more the merrier," she brightly smiled at me, "thanks Violet."

"We're just like a family opening presents on Christmas morning," mom commented cheerfully causing Eli and I both to tense up while Ali gave us a nervous look. My mom and Mr. Desmond had no idea about Eli and I and we did not intend for them to find out. Hopefully tonight's plan works out during the dinner party at the Desmond's. "Just imagine in 7 months we'll actually be a real family," mom added brightly, oblivious to the rising tension.