Chapter Thirty - Accidental Eavesdroppers

{Chapter Thirty - Accidental Eavesdroppers}

•Violet Preston's POV•

It was lunch and Eli was nowhere to be found.  I approached the lunch table where Ali, Hayden, and Carly were sitting.

"Did you guys heard what happened to Eli?" Ali said as I sat down across from Hayden.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"He got suspended because he assaulted someone."

Grayson immediately came to mind and as if on cue, he came into the cafe, all bruised up.  He had the whole cafeteria's attention.  His fan girls bombarded him, asking if he was okay and what had happened.  He smiled at them, nodded, and approached our table with an even wider grin.

"What did you do?" I hissed at him as he took a seat next to me.

"I just told your aunt the truth of how Eli had hurt me and she suspended him."

"You provoked him first!" I argued.  Everyone at the table and people nearby were eavesdropping onto our conversation, but I didn't care.

"Are you blind?  Can't you see what he did to me?  I didn't press any legal charges on him!" Grayson exclaimed as if I should be grateful that he didn't.

"I hate you.  You're a freaking idiot," I stated and got up and left.  I decided to go my favourite place in the Academy to be alone.  The garden was where I used to hang out a lot in and just read.  I sat down on the stone bench and tried to phone Eli.  I called him three times, but he didn't pick up.  I hope he was okay. Maybe I should go to his house.

•Eli Desmond's POV•

After dozens of rounds of go karting, I was starving.  "Let's go grab something to eat and you can tell me what's going on between you and Isabelle."  I smirked at Roy.

"Man, do I really have to?" He whined.

"Yep."  I patted him on the back.  "I'm curious as to if you're actually serious about her because we both know you've never been serious about anyone before."

So over lunch, Roy told me everything that happened between them.  "She definitely likes you," I stated after he finished.

"How do you know?  She still seems to have feelings for you."

I waved my hand in the air. "No.  I think she's actually over me now.  She's probably just making it seem like she still likes me in order to oppress her feelings for you.  In other words, she's in denial," I explained and took a sip of my coke.

"How did you become the love expert?  That's supposed to be me," Roy said, looking at me shocked.

"Preston was in extreme denial before." I shrugged. "There's two types of girls-the type that accepts their feelings and the other type that continually denies their feelings for someone.  And we both got the latter."

Roy laughed.  "True.  I got to get going now."

"Alright, see you later," I said and I walked him to the front door.  When we opened the door, Preston had her arm out as if she was getting ready to knock.

"I'll see you later Eli," Roy said and gave both of us a smile.

"She'll give into her feelings eventually," I added right before he got into his car.  "They always do."

I turned to Preston with a smile.  "Welcome to my humble abode, how may I help you ma'am?"

"I can't believe he got you suspended," she huffed angrily, coming inside.  She looked incredibly cute when she was angry which was probably the reason why I always loved getting her so worked up.

"I'm fine with it now.  I get to stay home for a week." I grinned at her.

"I want to stay home with you.  It sure beats having to go to school where everyone is constantly giving you looks."

Suddenly a lightbulb went of in my brain.  "You want to snoop around my dad's office?"

"What?" She looked at me surprised.

"Let's find out what he's been up to.  He's been gone these past couple of days so we'll be safe," I said, dragging her to my dad's office.  I pushed open the heavy oak doors to reveal a posh and tidy office.

I went to his desk and started opening his drawers while Preston reluctantly looked at the stuff on top of his desk.  After ten minutes of snooping around, we did not find anything useful or suspicious.  The office was clean.

Footsteps right outside of the office become louder quickly and Preston gave a worried look.

"Don't worry, that's probably just Ali and Hayden."  I waved it off simply.

"So what brings you to my house, Serena?" My dad's voice could be heard as the office's doorknob began to turn.

I grabbed Preston by the wrist and went behind the dark heavy curtains that luckily reached the floor.

"Well, I wanted to tell you in person that your little boy has been suspended for the week," Mrs. Kane said, her heels clicking loudly on the hardwood floor.

"Alright.  Is that all?" My dad said emotionlessly.

"He beat someone up very badly," she added as if trying to make me seem so bad.

"Maybe he had good reason to."

"See, it's your passive attitude that both your children are out of control.  Do you know many times Ali has come into my office in the last four years? Seventy-Eight times. Eli? Forty-Two times."

"I don't like you criticizing my parenting!" My dad's angry voice echoed around the office.

"You ungrateful bastard!  I let your children off easy!  I did so much for you and all I get is yelled at!"

"Get out!" He bellowed back at her.  "I don't want you in my house ever again."

"Fine Aaron if that's how it's going to be between us.  Congratulations on the engagement...I wonder how that happened for you."  Her voice was becoming more distant and the clicking of her heels did as well.  "Also, I thought you would like to know that Eli and Violet are together."

"What?"

"They're absolutely crazy for each other.  They went on vacation together, only the two of them to the Caribbean just last week," Mrs. Kane finished and the oak door slammed shut. 

I turned to Violet and she had the same worried look that I had on.  Great, now my dad knew about us...

-/-/-/-/-

Good news is that there will be two updates next week-one on Monday and one on Thursday. Bad news is I don't know if I'll be able to update the first week of August since I'm going away, but if I connect to some free wifi, I'll upload that week.
P.S. There's around 7 more chapters left from here until the end of this story. This will be the first time I complete a story :)