Chapter Twelve - Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere

{Chapter Twelve - Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere}

•Violet Preston•

"Where have you been?" Grayson yelled through the phone and I had to hold it further away from my ear so I wouldn't go deaf.

"Something came up so I won't be home tonight," I started.

"Where are you now?" he asked calmly.

"Ali's house," I lied. I knew if I told Grayson I was with Eli in who knows where, he would have a heart attack, but a part of me felt bad for lying to him.

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

"Bye," I hung up and the moment I did, my phone went dead. I had used up all the battery I had left.

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. I stared out the passenger seat of Eli's car which was parked in a parking lot in middle of nowhere.

Suddenly, the driver's door opened and Eli scooted in, carrying two hot chocolates in a cardboard tray.

"Here you go." He handed me a cup before sipping on his own. "Hot, too hot!" He yanked the cup away from his mouth.

I let out a soft chuckle and took off the lid of the cup so that the hot chocolate could cool down faster.

"Where did you get this?" I asked him.

"At the cafe right over there," he replied, pointing to the lone brick building with the worn out sign that read, 'The Forever Cafe' behind the car. How did I not notice that?

"Where are we?" Eli had only told me that we wouldn't be able to make it back home at this hour. We had spent the last three hours having an intense snowball war and it was around eight o'clock in the evening right now.

"Well, we're...um...we're in the middle of nowhere."

"I know we are in the middle of nowhere," I started and then suddenly stared at Eli, "you don't know where we are either, do you? How did you even get here?"

"I don't know, I just followed Hayden's directions to where you were. It was his idea to use the snow machine in this area," he replied. "Maybe I should call Hayden and ask him."

"Yeah, you go do that," I nodded to him as he fished out his phone from his jean pocket and dialed Hayden's number.

•Eli Desmond•

"Hello?" Hayden answered the phone.

"Yo Hayden, where exactly am I?" I asked him.

"How am I supposed to know where you are? In your car? I don't know."

"I am in my car, but I mean what's the location of the place you brought Preston to."

"Oh, just outside of Harlmont," Hayden started, "in the middle of nowhere."

"Wow, that was so descriptive," I said before I hung up on him.

Preston looked at me worriedly and I shrugged. "He was no help."

"What are we going to do?" She said, biting her bottom lip.

"Wait!" I suddenly came up with the perfect solution to our problem. "My phone has a built-in GPS so it'll take it right back home." I went into my GPS app, but the moment I did, the screen went black. "Shit, my phone's dead."

"Great, now what are we going to do?"

"Does your phone have a GPS?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "it died after I called Grayson."