Bonus Chapter - 'Happy Aunt Serena is in Jail/Graduation' Party

I looked up at the banner that hung in our foyer. It read in bold print, 'Happy Aunt Serena is in Jail & Congratulations on Graduating.' I smiled at the sight. One because Aunt Serena was now part of the past and we can finally move on after this party. Second because I had just graduated from high school. I couldn't believe it when I got back home from the ceremony with a diploma in my hands. I was finally free of Preston Academy.  In two months, I was heading down to the University of Florida to study English and I was pretty excited.  Of course, Eli was coming with me too which made me feel even more happy about it.  It was finally my chance to leave Harlmont.

The door bell rang as the first guest to arrive at the party was none other than the man himself, Eli.

"Hey!" I said, pulling him into a big hug.

"Hey there, sweet pea.  It's only been a day since we've seen each other and you missed me already.  That's so sweet," he said as he patted the top of my head.

I immediately pulled back and fixed my hair.  "Watch the hair.  I just got it done," I said.

Eli snorted at me.  "Well, this is the first time I've seen you so concerned about your hair.  Let me help you a little bit," he said with a devilish before rubbing my head and ruining my perfect curls.

I elbowed him in the stomach and he finally stopped.  "It was worth the pain," he said weakly with a smile.

"Do that again and I'll hit you somewhere else, a place where you won't like getting hit," I threatened him.

"Okay, okay," he mumbled and started to attempt to fix my hair, but it was already too late.

The front door swung open to reveal Grayson looking like he was ready for a red carpet event in a sleek black suit. "Why do you look like that?" I motioned to his outfit with hand.

Grayson flipped his hair and said, "I had no time to change because I hopped on a plane to attend my best friend's party right after I finished my scene for the new movie." Grayson had left right after exams finished for Vancouver to film this new movie of his and missed the graduation ceremony yesterday. No matter how many times I pestered him to give me the details of his new movie, he claimed it was top secret.

"Where's your girl?" Eli smirked at him.

"Yeah, where is she?" I chimed in.

Grayson's cheeks started turning beet red.  "Shut up!" He hissed at us as his eyes darted around the foyer with fear.  "She's going to pop up if you mention her name."

"You mean-"

"No, no, no, no, no!  Don't you dare say it!" He yelled at Eli who was smiling devilishly.  "If you say her name, she'll pop out of nowhere."

"She didn't even arrive yet," I muttered, rolling my eyes at how dramatic Grayson was being.

"You invited her?  I thought you were on my side!" Grayson exclaimed, running his hands through his hair.

"Layla's not that bad," I said, referring to that pretty brunette that I lied to in the school parking lot a while back about Grayson crushing on her.  She was nice, funny, and quite a tough girl.  "I thought you and her were doing good last time I checked."  They ended up going on a date because Layla would not let go of what I had told her and reluctantly, Grayson said yes.

"It was but then my manager thought that it would be good idea if I went on a 'date' with my costar for a day to gain more publicity for the new movie.  What was I supposed to do?  Refuse and get scolded by my manager?  Layla has left me dozens of voicemails and texts, but I haven't answered any-" Suddenly, the doorbell rang.  "It's her!  Don't answer the door!" Grayson warned Eli who was heading for the door.