Chapter Twenty-Three - Tug a war Between the Desmonds

{Chapter Twenty-Three - Tug-a-war Between the Desmonds}

•Violet Preston•

I lunged for Ali, dodging her kicks and punches the best I could. I tried to land a punch on her but she was too fast for me and ducked, taking the chance to grab a hold of my arm and flipped me over onto my back. Very hard might I add.

I groaned as my back tingled in slight pain. "You're good," I commented as I took the hand that she offered me and she pulled me back up onto my feet with ease.

"Thanks," she said breathlessly, "I'm sorry about that anyways."

"Where did you learn how to fight like that?" I asked her in awe.

"She has a black belt in Taekwondo and karate. She's been training since she was three," Eli said as he entered the dojo.

"And I know a bit of Kung Fu too," Ali added, taking a sip of water.

"Impressive," I nodded my head. "Don't mind teaching me some stuff?" I joked.

"Sure!" She nodded.

"Really?" I asked, my eyes widened in surprise. I wasn't expecting her to agree.

"Yeah. But once you start training with me, you can't quit," Ali sounded dead serious which was not like her.

"I was only joking," I said.

"I'll teach you anyways," Ali replied, dragging me out of the dojo leaving Eli to trail behind us. "So you're staying over right?"

I nodded my head, finally giving in to Ali's constant asking. It was Christmas Eve and Ali had invited me to sleepover and I declined her offer at least a hundred times already but she just wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Awesome!" She clapped her hands like a happy seal. "We're going to have so much fun tonight."

"Is Carly coming?" I asked. I wasn't close to Carly as Ali was but they were like two peas in a pod and did everything together so I expected her to come.

"Nope, it's just me and you and Eli of course.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pant pocket and I quickly dug it out to answer it.

"Hey Grayson, how's everything going with Grandma Lili?" I asked as I sniffled a laugh.

"Oh my goodness! That lady drives me crazy to the point where I want to yank all my hair out and you know how much I love my hair. She also hit me in the left eye and I think it's starting to bruise. If my manager finds out that, she's going to kill me! How come I got stuck practicing the act with her?" Grayson complained all at once.

"Because you're the actor and we even did a draw and you got the shortest straw. That's why," I stated, recalling the draw which we rigged for Grayson to lose.

"I swear you and Eli cheated!"

"This again? Stop being such a sore loser," I rolled my eyes and Eli who was eavesdropping on our conversation was laughing his head off while Ali just stared at me confusedly.

"Was that Eli laughing in the background?" Grayson roared angrily.

"Yeah, don't mind him. Now how is everything going?" I asked.

"Right!" Grayson replied and I heard him slap his forehead, probably remembering why he called in the first place. "Everything's going good expect for your grandma."

"Good. We have to make sure nothing goes wrong tomorrow at the party," I reminded him.

"I know V," he said nonchalantly, "you can count on me. Now I really need to go back before Grandma Lili whacks me some more."