Chapter Thirty-Two - Sealed Lips

{Chapter Thirty-Two - Sealed Lips}

The scene before me was like a slow motion clip of an action movie. Ali went straight to fighting Scar face who was over a foot taller and at least triple her size. He attempted to stab her with his knife since his gun was only loaded with one bullet from the Russian roulette. Ali swiftly dodged his every move and kicked him right in the chest. However, it had no effect on him due to his large figure.

Carly ran towards me while Ali fought and was halfway done untying me as the other guy slowly gained back his consciousness from previously getting knocked out by the door. When he spotted Carly, he immediately grabbed the extra wooden chair near the door and threw it in our direction. Carly quickly got me off the chair and made us both drop to the ground on our sides, dodging the flying chair.

"Eli's coming, stay back. I'll handle this guy," she said to me and left to fight him. I stood there feeling useless as I watched Ali and Carly fight. Ali was knocking Scar face left and right at lightening speed. Carly was extremely impressive since she was doing backflips and hand to hand combat while in her signature high stilettos. Less than five minutes later, both men were knocked out and lying on the ground.

"Hey guys, I found another exit," Eli said, entering the room. He noticed the two men on the floor and turned to his sister and her best friend. "Wow, you guys were fast."

"Way to come when the fight's over, Eli." Ali shook her head.

"He probably didn't want to get his hands dirty," Carly added.

"I left it to the professionals. I was busy trying to find another way out!" He defended and he turned to me. He ran towards me and brought me into a tight embrace. "Are you okay?" He asked, inspecting me for any injuries.

I nodded. "How long was I gone for?"

"Two days," he replied, "those were the worst two days of my life."

"Guys, we need to get out of here asap and then you two can talk in private," Ali said.

"Right." Eli nodded in agreement. "We can't go out the same way we came in. There's a backdoor of this warehouse. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room with Ali and Carly behind us.

When we safely made it outside without any problems, Eli and I went separate ways from Ali and Carly.

"I swear the two of them are real life ninjas," I said as Eli drove back home.

"Yeah, they are."

I leaned my head against the window and recalled everything that had happened. Then something hit me. "Eli, I need to tell you something in private. Pull over to that park over there."

Eli obeyed and pulled into the parking lot of the currently deserted park. We sat down on the park bench and Eli looked at me expectantly. "So what is it you want to talk about?"

"It might not be your dad after all." I started.

"What?" His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Would your dad ever want to take over my family's businesses-I mean all of it-the academy, hospital, and company?"

"I don't know. I mean every business person wants to have more assets and become more wealthy than they already are."

"But would he want all of it?"

"No...maybe. I mean he would want the company for sure. The hospital would generate revenue as well since people have to pay. The Academy is filled with rich kids with rich parents paying for their tuition so there's a lot of money earned from that too."

"Besides the motive of money, why would he do it?" I persisted.

"Money is the greatest motivator for people, what else do you need?"

I sighed. There had to be a better reason than just money. Why would someone kill my dad for only the sake of money.

"What happened in there?" Eli asked.

"They were trying to get me to write a will and hand over everything that I'm going to inherit to the boss."

"Who's the boss?"

"The name...the guy was about to say it, but he was cut off by Ali and Carly who came in. I'm pretty sure it started with an S-" I stopped talking as I realized something. How could I have been so blind? "It might be my aunt Serena, it must be. I mean, now that I think about everything, it seems to all make sense."

It took Eli a minute to take in what I had just said. "Right! Who in the world would send someone like Grayson to protect you in the first place? She had to make it seem like she was on your side and divert your attention away from her. What's her motive though?"

"It is the money and jealousy.  When my grandma retired after she found out she was sick, she gave everything to my dad and nothing to aunt Serena. But, how could she be so heartless to kill my dad-her brother?"

"Money can make you do crazy things and so can insane jealousy. If I was her and I was working as only a head mistress of an academy filled with brats when my family owned a company and a hospital, I would be pissed off."

"We need to investigate some more but this time only us. We can't let anyone know we suspect aunt Serena especially not her or Grayson."

"Grayson could be working with her. Didn't you mention earlier that you were kidnapped right after you saw him in the school parking lot?" Eli asked.

"Yeah, but he's too dumb to realize he's being used. I think it's just Serena and her ski masked henchman. We need to keep this in between us. No one must know."

Eli nodded in agreement. We needed more evidence because even if we did know Serena was the one behind everything, we needed proof. It was the only way we could catch her.