Chapter Twenty-Nine - News Frenzy

{Chapter Twenty-Nine - News Frenzy}

Eli and I arrived back at my house when my phone rang for the hundredth time since I got back on land.

"Grayson again?" Eli took out my suitcase from his trunk.

"Yep." I stopped checking after the third call from Grayson since only he would consistently call me like that.

"You should pick it up. See what that weirdo wants. He's probably inside the house waiting for you." As soon as he said that as if on cue, Grayson comes sprinting out of the house in spongebob pjs.

"Where have you been? I thought something happened to you!" He exclaimed, checking me for any cuts or bruises.

"She's fine, I took great care of her. I love your pjs by the way," Eli commented as he checked out his outfit.

Grayson immediately turned to Eli with a hard look and his eyes appeared to be filled with anger. He pounced on Eli, surprising all of us. "This is all your fault!!" He yelled, trying to land a punch on Eli as he kept dodging him. "Serena nearly wanted to chop my head off because of you! Maybe you're working with your dad just like she suspected!"

"What?" Eli caught his fist before it could hit him and grabbed onto it so tightly, twisting it slowly that Grayson's face started contorting in pain. "What did you just say?" He was really pissed at him now.

"You're working with your dad!" Grayson yelled loudly and Eli punched him right in the eye.

"Say that again, I dare you," he hissed and Grayson being an idiot repeated himself. This set Eli off into punching mode. Next thing I knew, they were both rolling on the snow, kicking and punching each other. Eli looked like was about to kill him.

"Don't you dare compare me to him. I'm nothing like that monster. Why would I try to hurt Preston if I love her?" He exclaimed angrily at Grayson who laid on the ground with a really bad bleeding nose and black eye. He appeared to be half conscious and Eli didn't look like he was only to stop anything soon.

"Stop Eli!" I yanked him off of Grayson before he could land another punch on him. "You're going to kill him if you don't stop."

"What if I want him dead?" Eli hissed with so much anger that it frightened me.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialed for an ambulance. I helped a heavy Grayson up onto his feet while Eli shot death glares at him.

"You're a wimp! I don't even understand why you of all people would be sent to protect Preston. You can't even hit a fly with a fly squatter. It's almost like someone purposely sent someone who can't even fight to protect her!" Eli said and he did make a good point. Why did Aunt Serena send Grayson out of all people?

"I can fight!" Grayson said defensively, lurching towards Eli.

"You want to go?"

"Hell yes, I do!"

"Guys, stop it!" I yelled in frustration. I wanted to pull out all my hair at this point. I placed my hands on Eli's heaving chest, but he tried to push me aside. I didn't budge and merely wrapped my arms around him.

"Preston, please get out of the way," Eli said in frustration.

I shook my head and hugged him tighter.

"I could sue you for assault," Grayson threatened him as the ambulance arrived.

"Go ahead!" He yelled back.

As the paramedics were taking Grayson away, he yelled, "at least the whole world doesn't know that I'm dating my soon to be step sister!"

I let go of Eli in surprise when Grayson had said that.