Chapter Twenty-Seven -Senior's Karaoke Night

{Chapter Twenty-Seven - Senior's Karaoke Night}

•Violet Preston•

"You're a liar," I stated as we stood on the balcony of our cabin which overlooked the beautiful blue seas. "You said you were bringing me to the land of heat, but we're not even on land right now genius."

"I meant a place that is hot. We're heading for the Caribbean okay?" He replied, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind as we looked at the beautiful sunset and listened to the calming seas as we swayed with the ship. "But don't lie, you love this."

"I never said I didn't love this. I love cruises and just being off land. This cabin is like my room away from home."

"Good. This proves that I'm a genius once again."

"You really got to stop with the genius thing, it's starting to get so annoying." I grinned as we entered our cabin again.

"Never. Anyways, we have the next 7 days all to ourselves." He smirked as he approached me. "What could we possibly do?"

"Woah there." I put my hand in front of me to block Eli from coming any closer to me.

"Hey! I was only kidding!" He stopped and put his hands up innocently. "You've got a dirty mind Preston. It's so cute that you're blushing too."

My hands immediately shot up to feel my face and realized it was actually so warm causing me to blush even harder. "Shut up," I whacked his shoulder lightly.

"It's a good thing sweet pea. That means you're melting for me," he winked.

I rolled my eyes at his words. "Shut up!"

"Ah ha!! You didn't even deny it. No arguments at all," he exclaimed excitedly.

I couldn't help but smile at his happiness even though I didn't understand what the big deal was about me not arguing with him.

"Let's go have some fun before that smile on your face decides to disappear." He suggested as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cabin to who knows where.

• • • • •

"You brought me to karaoke?" I asked unimpressed after we grabbed a bite to eat at the buffet. We were the only young people in the crowd of senior citizens getting ready to do some karaoke in the empty bar.

"Don't give me that look," Eli said, "this is going to be good. You're going to roast these old folks with your voice."

"Eli," I hissed, nudging him as the seniors nearby us gave us dirty looks. "You don't call people old, it's rude."

"Why can't I call old people old?" He exclaimed loudly, gaining more attention. "It's a free country."

"I swear Grayson's been rubbing off on you, man and by the way, we're not in the country anymore, we on the ocean."

"Fine. It's a free ocean and I can say whatever the hell I want to say!"

"You go boy!" A bald man probably in his early seventies cheered. He was dressed in a Hawaiian print t-shirt and khakis shorts. "You remind me of when I was younger. I had a mouth just like yours, used to get me in trouble a lot back in the day and still does."

"Eli," Eli introduced himself, offering out a hand which the man shook.

"Eli," the man replied.

"And your name is?"

"I told you my name's Eli," the man said. "What are the odds of meeting someone who has the same name and personality as me?" He chuckled. "You look just like me when I was your age. I used to be so handsome which attracted a lot of ladies. The one I wanted in particular, I never got sadly. And look at me now."