Chapter One - Paint Splattered Guitar

A/N: Hello there, thanks for checking out my story. This story is a work a fiction and has come from my imagination. Any similarities are of pure coincidence. This is my first draft so there are probably grammatical errors, plot holes, and etc. It needs a lot of editing, but in the meantime, feel free to enjoy ;)

----------

{Chapter One - Paint Splattered Guitar}

Violet Preston

Bang!

I shot up from under my covers as I inhaled and exhaled heavily, trying to catch my breath. The sound of the gun still rang through my ears causing a pounding effect within my head. It was fresh in my memory like the shooting happened just yesterday. I shivered and let out a loud sigh as I realized that my forehead and back was covered in cold sweat.

It was just another nightmare, I reassured myself.

I checked my phone and wasn't surprised to see that I had barely slept for thirty minutes. I had spent the entire night reading up until five in the morning because I couldn't fall asleep. Insomnia was just a pain; it was the cause of my dreaded under eye circles and it had always left me looking as if I was half dead during the day.

I forced myself out of bed positive that I wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon. I decided to start getting ready for school even though there was more than two hours before school started. I know what you're thinking-who the heck gets ready so early for school? Well that's me for you, but don't get me wrong, it's not like I actually liked school.

Just the word "school" struck a nerve. To be honest, I absolutely hated school. I hated spending six hours; five days a week surrounded by bratty children who believed money and status was everything. I hated how I was labelled as well because of the fact that my mother "owned" the most prestigious arts school in Harlmont as well as the whole country - the Preston Private Arts Academy. The only thing I liked about Preston was its distinguished arts program which allowed me to do what I love which was singing. Otherwise, I would have left in a heartbeat and transferred to a different school or maybe in a different city where no one knew me as the "ice princess" or the "chairman's daughter". But who was I kidding? I couldn't leave Harlmont, my mother would never allow it.

Harlmont was just too much for me. I grew up in Harlmont, lived here my whole life and that's what makes me what to leave Harlmont even more. Everyone in this city was rich and powerful and status seemed to be the only thing that truly mattered here. Whether you were born in luxury or earned it, people will judge you for it. And that's what I hated most about this place; the wealth and the people. I wish I could just start fresh somewhere else.

I examined myself in the mirror as I straightened out my uniform. I wore a red blazer that had the school's crest sown on its left breast over a plain white dress shirt, a red and black checkered knee length skirt, and black shoes along with white knee high socks. The school was very strict when it came to uniform, but of course no one other than me actually followed the dress code.

Afterwards, I concealed my under eye circles so they were not visible. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a zombie or anything. In addition, my skin was extremely pale due to my lack of outside activities (aka never going outside). If my mother was home, she would have forced me out of the house to get some vitamin D. Hermit was the word I thought best described me since all I did was stay home, avoiding people my age. Even my daily horoscope app told me so. I thought my overall appearance looked a lot like a vampire rather than a zombie to be honest. All I needed were some fangs and I would be the whole vampire package, but it ain't halloween yet.