ENGAGEMENT - 028

MADDOX
JAMES

I didn't fucking know what to do in this situation, I never expected Charlie to play me dirty after all these years of brotherly love.

If my parents fucked up, Charlie fucked up even more.

Bonnie and I were seperated from the gang that had her dad and Violetta hostage. We were officially a team of two against an entire gang chain, I liked a fun challenge of death and success.

I kept driving and Bonnie dozed off so I took the opportunity to take the sight in before she turned into Godzilla again. Her frail scratchy hands clenched together on her lap and the shirt I got for her was tight on the chest showing off her curves too, one thing I had to change in her was the hair.

I couldn't lie but I was definitely checking her out or maybe it was my pent up sexual frustration. I definitely needed to have a lay or two.

Make it four, Maddox. You need to get your mind off of Bonnie. I reminded myself once again.

I didn't know why the fuck I thought about her and why I semi-helped her with her mini episode before. I was a pretty bad, heartless guy to everyone with legs except for Charlie.

Based on what Charlie taught me, I needed to make moves fast by creating fake IDs and there was another surprise for Bonnie in my mind.

We arrived at night to a group of fraudsters for our fake IDs so I had to wake Bonnie by giving her a punch on the shoulder. I was bad at waking girls up, I usually leave them after a couple of one night stands.

She woke up with a beautifully designed glare customized for me and I smirked at her in response. We had one similarity: we don't hurt. We were created to hurt and not be hurt.

We got out of the car and went to the group, lucky for them, I didn't have to beat them up to get fake IDs because I knew them.

"How you doing, Danny?" I greeted the leader of the fraud group. He had three nose piercings and a tattooed bald head, he was a full on expert in making IDs and hacking. 

"Hey, Maddy, long time no see mate." He greeted back giving me a side hug. He was one reckless punk, I remembered when he used to be in our gang's security system but then he decided to do his own dirty work and we let him.

He eyed Bonnie, who gave him a death stare, then back to me.

"Two IDs for me and this sick girl." I pointed at me and Bonnie who was busy inspecting Dan.

"Coming right up." He quipped before going into his place, leaving us standing in the middle of nowhere. They chose a hidden spot to protect themselves againat the police.

After half an hour, he came back with two IDs in check and forged passports.

"I knew I could count on you, promise we'll meet soon." I gave him a pat on the back and he slapped the back of my head.

"Good doing business with you," Dan commented and then added as a whisper to my ear, "be careful of this girl, she's fiesty. Don't ever let her cook your food." I chuckled at his impression on Bonnie and I had to agree with him.

She was one fiesty demon and she was my sidekick.

We got back inside and Bonnie did not say any word from the moment she woke up.

"Who got your pad on a twist?" I asked sarcastically. I liked teasing her, it gave me amusement to see her expected reactions like a glare, a hit or ignore.

For that one, I got a hit on my cheek which had nothing on me.

"Now tell me what are you planning to do." She got into her bossy mode and that turned me on. I had to admit, she wasn't like the other girls I had seen or met.

"Get engaged and travel." I answered casually. She widened her eyes at me and turned fully to face me.

"Are you fucking serious?" she exclaimed as she pointed at herself, "me with you? not one chance." She looked at me in disgust.

"You should thank your lucky stars that it was my idea for you to get with me, don't blow your chance." I retaliated and she threw herself on me trying to get the fake IDs in my hands.

"Hold your horses, we aren't even engaged yet." I commented and she groaned when I pushed her a bit back to her place.

"Why do we even have to be engaged?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it says on our passports that we are," I answered smugly, "you are officially Bailey Collin engaged to the hot and sexy Alexander Wyat." I addressed my abs and my looks with my hands.

"Why didn't you let him change the IDs?" she was gob-smacked and I liked the surprised/angry part about her.

"No can do, babygirl." I sang only to taunt her and it worked.

"I'd rather choose death than to be fakely engaged by you." She commented and looked at me to see my reaction but I only grinned at her on my way to a place I knew.

My hands were tired from driving and I hadn't taken any sleep at all but I was adamant on making my plan work. It was me versus Charlie that would also affect the whole gang.

I finally made a stop to the fake priest and the clock successfully ticked to 8 pm like what I planned.

Jake Torez worked as a fake priest that dealt with gang marriages, fake marriage papers and procedures. We only knew him from our connections but it was time that those connections worked.

We went inside the Grace Church in Madison Ave, San Diego. I stretched my muscles out waiting on Jake to finish off his recent client.

Bonnie fixed her hair up into a bun as she placed her tendrils behind her ear showing the newly grown blond roots of her hair.

Jake finally appeared with a big smile and I went up to the podium to greet him. The church was decorated with all kinds of flowers and this church was also a closed one only for gangs.

"Did you grow bigger, Maddox?" he asked me, "it has been forever since I saw you." He added.

"Yes but we have no time, we have to travel soon so please, get on with our paperwork." I informed him and he nodded, brushing his white beard.

He gave the both of us the engagement rings and the paperwork that we had to sign after I gave him the IDs.

We both signed much to Bonnie's dismay but the look she had when she saw the ring was priceless, I could tell she felt awed by the small crystals around it.

"You are officially engaged."