TRAPPED - 005

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

Life was one hilarious tragedy.

My bare feet felt the hard concrete as I walked with the thin blue material and twigs that stuck between my hair. I escaped through the window and thankfully, there weren't any metal bars or bushes, just a flat land of grass.

The hospital would soon witness my disappearance but I didn't let it linger in my mind anymore. They already knew my insanity would intensify to the point where I literally did anything my damaged brain told me to.

Right now, it was telling me to do something ten times worse than putting that nurse to sleep. I just didn't figure it out.

I hummed to myself with my arms dangling forward and backward as my feet skipped the little pools of mud that reminded me of the mysterious alleyway I was in. That was when my eyes saw my next target.

"Hey babe, fancy a ride on my motorcycle?" the southern accent coated the filthy walls when the stranger hollered at me from a distance, making me feel all the more trapped that I already was.

The man was in his fifties or so it seemed to me, he was looking for fun. The devil's smirk formed on my lips and I crept forward.

My hands held onto the handles as I gripped it tightly while straddling the motorcycle, making the material bunch up to my bruising thighs, the man seemed to enjoy my approval as he took in my body with hunger in his eyes.

Well, he definitely wasn't hungry for food but he was officially fooled when I fueled the motorcycle since he carelessly left the key in the ignition and sped off out of the alleyway.

My fun didn't last long though because once I sped, the police car chased after me as the blaring sirens reflected my adrenaline rush.

"Stop the motorcycle, young lady!" the officer screamed but my smirk grew wider when I stepped on the gas and swerved.

Everything vanished due to my inexperience and I found myself flying into the air when the motorcycle bashed into a metal light pole, my body rolled down the deserted ditch and I laughed when my body stopped rolling. The sirens weren't blaring anymore and that was when I knew that the police thought I died on the other side of the ditch.

It was far too silent. I didn't know if it was the silence of my weeping sanity or my heartbreak.

My eyes closed and I let my old friend darkness back.

×××

"So, your name is Klementine Vincent?" the principal, Josh Cadence, asked. He looked uptight with a prominent jaw and in a burgundy suit, he crossed his arms on his large desk waiting for his answer while the crystals in his eyes gleamed at me in suspicion.

I smiled. "Yes, that's me, if I could have my schedule that would be great," I said sweetly as I innocently looked at him.

"I didn't have my questions answered so no, I can't Miss Vincent," he smiled back at me sarcastically. Then, he proceeded with the questions.

"Are you the daughter of Victoria Vincent?" he asked but his intimidating eyes scanned my information sheet in front of him.

I was impatient and I had a feeling this would take up my whole first-day-at-school experience.

"Yes." I answered quickly, not wanting to waste my time as I flicked my long chestnut hair behind me.

"Dear, are you alright?" an unfamiliar voice spoke and I willed myself to open my eyes back to life.

I wasn't hurt but I was too exhausted to talk. I wanted to die already and I did think that the motorcycle was going to be the tool I used to end me but it wasn't enough.

Life was like my ex-boyfriend, it wanted me back so desperately.

The woman gave me a compassionate smile like I was her charity case and patted my bruised shoulder.

"I saw you when I was passing by in my car and decided to check on you." we were in the middle of the small ditch and the feeling of sand coated my fingers when I clenched my fists in frustration.

After a minute of silence, she grasped my hand to pull me up and I winced at the sharp pain in my back. I thought it was the sand that protected me from bleeding my head out and I was right.

In my state of dizziness, the sirens were heard again and I didn't know how long I had passed out.

"I believe that the police is looking for you," she guessed and smiled at me. "And it looks like you don't want to go back there, Klementine Vincent." My eyebrows furrowed at the woman.

At that moment, my whole life changed into a nonexistent character that had to play pretend. It was a deal that I and Victoria had made. She was going to protect me from the police as long as she was my guardian.

I had no idea why she wanted me as her daughter, nobody would take a broken girl like me.

It had been a week of a fresh start of a makeover and hiding trails, as Victoria said, they managed to create a record under my new name and a fake California ID. I was not enjoying it at all.

My cerulean eyes took my surroundings, Leahy Eastern High was filled with posh people who appeared to be like Josh; calm and scandalous.

During my tour before the visit with the sneering principal, I witnessed so many people that attended Leahy Eastern High, the sickeningly white halls showed cliques of snobby rich kids that showed off their new Versace collection to each other and the careless boys who had girls in their arms like they were holding barbie dolls in their hands.

"Miss Vincent, don't space out when I am talking to you," the principal snapped and I returned back to reality, "I don't have time for you now, you will come back after your classes." He ordered calmly after throwing the schedule on my lap and stormed out along the scared assistant with shaking legs as she ran after him in a hurry.

My distant eyes took in the rush of students passing by.

I was trapped.