THE SEARCH - 029

CHARLIE
JONES

I finished cracking the other batch of bones that remained from my agents. Each one had a beating that left them traumatized for life.

I fixed my wrist by massaging the angry red patch on my hand. I expected something greater to happen with my plan but it spiraled out of control.

I was fucking livid.

No, scratch that, I was fucking fuming.

I took deep breaths after the agents tried to fix up the beaten ones. Maddox turned out to be an enemy, I spent all my life raising him the moment I found his ass in an orphanage so that my plan to get my money succeeded but since he met that bloody Bonnie, he became more of a deviant to her.

I had to take matters into my own hands, I knew what Maddox would do so I took my keys and stormed out of the center with my new sleek black suit on.

"Do you want the men to come with you, sir?" one of the agents asked and I flipped him off, not answering his question before I strapped in my lambo seatbelt and stepped on the petrol speeding as fast as I could.

I need to get those motherfuckers fast.

My mind made up Maddox's trails as I called my first contact which was the infamous fraud, Danny, the only one we knew to make sure that Maddox was there. Thankfully, he picked up since we knew each other way back.

"Hey, homie, what's up?" Danny asked and I wanted to curse him off but my patience came in to ease me. I didn't want him to feel that Maddox and I were no longer a team.

"Hey, Dan," I greeted, "Maddox's phone battery died and I was wondering if you know where he went." I explained the situation as politely as I could. God knew how much I wanted to punch that punk for helping Maddox out.

I knew that Maddox wanted to get away with Bonnie and I knew the trails he picked to escape my wrath.

It's fucking coming, little boy.

"He just went moments before, man, I was hoping to see you guys, I want a favor‐" I hung up on him impatiently as I made the green light. I didn't have time for any stupid favors.

I tapped in the next number to confirm further. Jake Torez was my guy, I remembered how he made me tie the knot with my first girlfriend only so I could kill her for betraying me on our honeymoon.

Fun times. I smirked at the memory.

"Charls, hey there, didn't expect you not to attend the engagement." He greeted me and told me the answer all at once, Maddox was desperate to get away from me by agreeing to fake-engage Bonnie.

"Yea, I had some work, just wanted to check in," I rushed to say and added, "okay, bye now." I hung up on him and continued to drive off to the airport that was along the way of Grace church. The first step of my plan went okay but I still wanted to capture them before they flew off.

I passed by the Grace church and talked to the agents to arrange a mess up for the airport using our tech team in case I couldn't spot them.

Maddox somewhat made this plan tricky because he damaged the tracking chip I used but I always had my other assets.

He was not getting rid of me that easily. I fucked his family up, I made his mother abandon him and I made his father's life hard. They were alive because of me and that ungrateful bastard chose to backstab me right when we almost found the key.

It was the expected fight, it was my time to show the world what I was made of.

Parking my car, I came out in the middle of the night like a predator, I rolled my sleeves up designed by my famous confident smile when ladies walked by me smelling my fresh cologne.

I walked to the San Diego airport swiftly and searched on the multiple counters of the airport for luggage check in, the leader called me to inform me that they made a delay in their system and everything was going swiftly according to my plan.

My footsteps were heard on the ground as the posh airport showed an array of people in their lines ready to travel and the amounts of restaurants that lined up beside each other, not to mention the fancy waiting hall that had millions of elegant chairs and tables.

It was hard to spot them between the rushed travellers.

I went to the check in section and didn't find them there. I tried to focus on Maddox's mindset and went to check the bathrooms after checking the flights time, it turned out the available flights were to Germany and Canada currently.

My most trusted two men, Anthony and Bill were my only weapon, they caught on with me about the directions and we went into seperate individuals as they searched the wide sections.

I wanted to bash the bathroom stall open but it would draw too much attention especially the men in the bathroom who were too busy either shitting or looking at themselves in the mirror.

I leaned against the counter and my eyes drifted to my right, I saw a guy just passed by me and he was skeptical to my eyes also known as my strong vision so I followed behind when he got outside and saw him go to a woman with a scarf around her face and she was pregnant.

There was one way to find out about the IDs.

"Listen Gerald, I don't have much time," I spoke strictly, "tell me the names of Maddox's request for the IDs."

"Bailey and Alexander, they are engaged." He answered in a clipped tone, he was Dan's forger and he was more relied upon than Dan himself.

"Thanks." I answered shortly and went to join the other agents since that person with the pregnant girl weren't my target.

I will find you even if I have to go to the end of the earth.