REBELLING - 010

MADDOX
JAMES

That coward beside me tried to get out of my sight but the firm grip I had on his arm made him give up.

"You prick, you ruined my cheekbone." The kid, Johnny, whined like the pussy that he was. The nurse had bandaged his cheek after the eleven stitches she sewed through his skin but the moment he got out, I was there like his fucking devil.

"I would've done it in a heartbeat." I lazily smiled at him when I replied to his whines.

The clinic was the epitome of lousy, there were barely any staff and it was a tight space made of only two rooms and one desk with two waiting seats as well as it had a stink to it but this was where they bought the girl after her mini freak-out session.

My foot tapped the floor impatiently and I felt like I had to blow off some steam with a cigarette but the moment I held one, that pussy whined again.

"You can't smoke in here, are you crazy?" he exclaimed in question and I rolled my eyes at him before smoking right in front of him.

I had no idea if Charlie got the hint that I wasn't in the school but I was sure he would figure it out because I sent him a quick text saying I needed a breather.

"Excuse me, sir, you can't smoke." the nurse said and Johnny looked smugly at me. He had another thing coming.

"Watch me." I bit back as I puffed out clouds of smoke. It wasn't like they had patients, they only had the girl and a small group of giggling nurses who ogled me from time to time in the waiting area. I finished smoking and threw the remaining in the small bin.

She gave up as soon as she watched me and she knew nobody would help her since they had no security. It was a shitty clinic next to school and I didn't need to talk to Charlie about the girl or else he would think I was after her.

After she walked out, I was going back to my train of thoughts until Johnny's glares were irritating the shit out of me.

"You do know that your eyes won't become attractive by glaring at me?" I retorted and he scoffed.

"I know that I am attractive already, I was going to get her but you had to come in the way." He sneered then his expression changed to thoughtful as his dark brown eyes looked at me again. "Wait, why did you want to sit next to her?"

I was tired of his bittiness so I simply answered, "none of your business, we don't want that huge nose to get any bigger." I flicked his nose and he glared even harder at me.

The nurse came in the waiting area and Johnny stood up like he cared about her whereas I just sat there with arms carelessly crossed. The principal told me to go with Johnny to not create any principal's pet rumors and I didn't want Charlie knowing so we made a deal not to create suspicions.

It was not because I cared in any way for that girl.

There was always a 'but' for everything. I would always get what I want without raising any deals with anyone, one simple threat and they would be gone. If it wasn't for my curiosity, I wouldn't be waiting with the spoilt boy in this absurd clinic. The but in this situation was that the girl intrigued my senses.

I felt the sizzles the moment I touched her skin and it wasn't a lovely feeling. I was mysteriously drawn to her internally and I had to know the origins of what I had felt.

"Klementine is fine, she's resting and the principal called me to excuse you both to return home since it's getting late." She informed with a cold look to my way and the pack of cigarettes beside me. Johnny solemnly nodded and I just walked out after putting my pack in my pocket.

This is not Romeo and Juliet, she has a secret I wanted to know and this is only it. Nothing else. I reminded myself and I had another crazy thought telling me that she was not innocent after all.

The defense move, the trauma and her shaky orbs told me more than I should know along with my accurate instincts telling me that she was hiding something.

The ocean smell hit my nostrils once I was out of that dumpster and I checked my phone.

Charz: Case DONE. Meet me at the entrance of the school.

I grinned devilishly when I saw a Charlie with a hesitant Violetta. Nobody could spoil my fun with another gang drama.

"How nice, Violetta Allen, is here to join us." Charlie spoke as he had an arm around her bony shoulder and she gulped as her scared eyes looked at me.

"Yes, don't worry sweetheart, you'll have fun with us." I comforted her with a lopsided smirk.

"Where are you taking me?" she squeaked in question and we just grinned at her like two psychotic guys.

She clutched her bag as we forced her into the car and Charlie didn't hesitate to drive fast as soon as he closed his door and I got in.

"Please, I don't know anything." I scoffed at her pathetic explanation and Charlie just looked at her from the rear view mirror.

"Be a good girl and we'll take it easy on you so that means you'll need to shut up for now." Charlie snapped with a sarcastic smile and like a good girl, she did.

The sun was setting and I was aching for the hotel girls that were in the spa for a massage. Business first, Maddox. I agreed with my brain for once.

We needed to end the Californian gang but once we arrived to the hotel in a flash, he was standing there.

My smirk couldn't have gone any wider because standing there was my target.