VULNERABLE-015

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

I felt like I didn't know anyone in this world, not even my family. I didn't know anything and I was in all of this alone. I was raped alone by the command of my dad and I was targeted soulfully when the right wasn't theirs.

Remembering that man- that took away my virginity in a flash and a firm grip that scratched my waist-was associated with the woman who held me in her arms.

How could such a dark black clash happen? my mind was at a whizz of thoughts and it all stopped so suddenly.

My eyes were still on that chipped off table where the two of them sat and all I could think of were my memories, the only memories I had were the sad ones and I had never been so keen to forget I even had a life before.

I saw him witnessing my messed up life. I had never felt so vulnerable and exposed. It was as if I handed him a plate of my secrets to open them.

His calculating eyes were the first thing I noticed when he saw the scene of exposure, as if it didn't affect him at all. The second thing I noticed were his strong veins showing on his hands due to the way he was gripping the old wood as if something was rushing through his mind and at last, his body was still like he was ready for war.

A war that wasn't his. It was my war and by that, I was confused as to what made him so tense. My eyes stubbornly followed his movement through the window and I followed him easily as Victoria kept hiding her eyes on her knees.

"What are you doing?" I demanded in a cracked voice, my off shoulder top drooped down.

His back stiffened and he stood up with a crumbled paper in his hand. He turned to face me with a big smile and his hands tied behind his back.

"So tough girl not so tough anymore." he chuckled after he said that as his steps neared me. His eyes were caught into mine like I was in danger.

I didn't understand him at all, all of him. He was a mystery to the eyes and I wasn't interested to find out.

"Take your messed up crazy shit away from me and leave me the hell alone." I lifted my face up as he saw my hardened eyes and my clenched jaw. He continued to smile and I was ready to bite his head out. I decided to do that after Victoria's turn.

He took the end of my off shoulder top and bunched it in his hands, I put my hand on his trying to get his hands away from me, he tied them up into a small ball and came back to look me in the eyes.

"You know, Bonnie, lies get exposed easily, I advise you not to get into this or we would have to get into this together but against each other." he pulled his hands away from my top once he stated that and handed me the paper before he walked away whistling.

His held back attitude made me even more drained and pissed off.

I opened the paper to see Harry Wilson, the rapist and the urge to follow him and kill him consumed me, the darkness around my heart lurched even more and my hands shivered crunching the paper, they didn't even see the beginning of me.

Seething with fire, I followed the guy with hundred of questions on my mind, that and I didn't have any ride. Victoria was going to come out anytime soon.

"Hey you, I want a ride and I want you to answer my questions." I shouted as I sped up to him, we were slightly far away from the house.

His dimmed gray eyes met mine and I could tell he liked watching me suffer then he gestured to his car with his hands and bowed.

"Alright ma'am, we do have to make a deal though." his deep voice made me tingle from the start of my spine all the way to my waist.

We got into his expensive car and I felt like I didn't belong. As if you belonged anywhere in this world, the bad thoughts in my head reminded me and I shook it off. His arms looked solid as he stretched them out and he met my eyes again.

"You see something you liked?" he inquired with an easy smile. His hair was swept back due to the wind and he looked like he was out of an entire world.

"Can we just get going?" I snapped and he smiled even more, further agitating me.

"I could tell you have a lot of questions for me." he broke the silence as we went off interrupting my phone track on Victoria, she was still inside that house crying her eyes out.

"What's in it for you?" I asked suspiciously.

"What's in what for me?" he asked dumb-boundedly. My hand gripped my other hand in annoyance.

"Is Harry Wilson related to you?" I inquired and he burst out laughing making the car lean to the far side as he regained balance.

"No, where did you get that from?" he exclaimed in between his laugh.

"I thought you followed me because he was related to you just like Victoria is to me." I concluded but my eyes widened when I revealed another secret and my breathing started to increase. Just another panic attack.

"No, I was sure you hid something so I followed you to know your secrets." he answered casually but my grip on his arm made him notice my case as he stopped on the sideway of the high road.

"What the heck is happening to you?" he snapped as I got out of the car to open my door. Then he realized why I got that case which I didn't want him to know.

"Wait, how is Victoria related to you if you're an Alvarez?" he furrowed his eyebrows and my eyes closed as my heart further increased its pace.

I was officially vulnerable in front of him.