LOSS - 007

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

I shrugged off the old maroon jacket that Victoria lent me once the class began and the silence spread like wildfire among the students. I made sure to remember my schedule for the day like Victoria Vincent told me. We needed to keep a low profile or I was going to end up in an asylum. I was still somewhat confused about why she helped me even when she wanted something in return, something was sketchy about her dull eyes and thin lips.

I could feel the change in the atmosphere when the students assessed me from head to toe, trying to decide whether I made it or broke their popularity chain but lucky for them, I didn't care enough to assess them back. My eyes took a quick scan to take in my surroundings and it stopped at the sleek black car that was outside the school window.

As soon as a male came out of the car, they all jumped to the window trying to push each other like a stampede, it happened so quickly that it somewhat took me off guard since I was closer to the window than they were, they loomed over me to watch. My eyebrows furrowed when I was almost hit by an elbow.

It was like they never saw a guy before, I was beginning to feel like I was in the middle of the apocalypse of desperation that stretched among the herd. I tried to change my seat but the other group of guys blocked my way.

"Get back to your seats!" Mrs. Thompson ordered loudly but they were deaf all of a sudden or they were just too consumed by the guy outside, I sighed and grabbed my book without a care in the world.

I was sent here to learn and help Victoria find her son in return. She had lost her son when her husband left her with their boy but once they were out, they published a paper saying that her husband died since he was a famous singer and the son was nowhere to be found. I remembered the information about her the day I probed her to tell me. That and I was stuck on the funny melancholy I was through in my past.

After several attempts to calm the students' raging hormones down, I was frustrated with how they screamed as if the guy would hear them. My eyes flickered to the source of attention walking in with a smug expression on his face and the shadow of the other guy joined him. Something about their eyes flared my curiosity up but so were the other students that felt that way towards the strange guys.

One had an icy look to him as he crossed his arm in a brooding way and another had a thin-lipped smirk with alight eyes like he won the lottery. They were clearly opposites, one was stone cold and the other was winking at all the girls already. The one with the icy look was wearing ripped jeans with a semi-opened black shirt showing off a couple of tattoos and the other was sporting a blue shirt that showed his figure admiringly with denim jeans.

"Hey, I believe this is Geology class," the goofy guy started and the students returned back to their places, almost trying to push away their partners so the guys could sit next to them. My eyes almost acted out in their own accord when a familiar flashback of my old school came to my mind but I could never patch my past back into the cute happy family we were.

"Yeah, you must be new here so take your seats." Mrs. Thompson coughed with a blush after she answered and I rolled my eyes at the cliche scene in front of me. I tried to cover my face up with the book I was holding. Somewhat grateful that nobody gave me the "new girl" attention, I was emotionally tired and it was only the beginning of the day.

The odor was defeaning with their perfume claiming that their presence was important, I couldn't help but keep smelling the perfume, it was such an expensive, addictive scent. The girls on my left side agreed with me as they closed their eyes and smelt it while giggling to each other.

"Sorry to interrupt, Mrs.-" the goofy guy scanned his schedule quickly before he looked up at our teacher, "Mrs. Thompson, I am Charlie Jones." he introduced with blazing blue eyes and that metaphorically killed the girls as they tried to fan their desperation away. Mrs. Thompson welcomed them when the other guy couldn't bother to introduce himself.

Why was I in cliche scenes? I had no idea. It wasn't like I had a choice, it was one year and I would be done and off to college trying to get a new life. I looked down at the scar on my wrist and internally flinched at the big wound inside of me. My thoughts started to get the bad side out of me.

Who are you kidding? how are you going to get a new life when you're already destroyed? you're nothing but an empty shell with false hope.

I got back to reality when my eyes averted to the two guys passing by me to sit down behind me and I became conscious, they seemed mysterious to the eyes and something inside of me told me that they didn't belong here in this high school.

The guy who introduced himself as Charlie Jones looked old enough so why would he enroll in a high school again?

Bonnie, who are you kidding again? Of course, he pulled a few strings to get enrolled here, the car he was in was enough to show you that he was high on the social ladder.

As long as they didn't know me, I was going to be alright. The last thing I needed was for some suspicious guys to follow me around. Gathering my hair in a bun, I tried to focus on my paper but when a hand tapped my shoulder, I held the hand on my shoulder and twisted it while I was in defense mode, he groaned when the sound of his wrist was heard.

So much for keeping a low profile.

---

"Listen, he was in my personal space-" I started to explain to the angry principal, it was bad enough that he was suspecting my identity so I didn't want to attract all the eyes around me. The guys were waiting outside for their verdict and the office was suffocating me.

Unfortunately, that didn't go in my favor back when the whole class gasped at what I did like I killed them in one single move, it was just a slight twist and it wasn't that bad.

It could have been worse than a hand twist.

"Do you know whose hand you cracked?" the principal seethed, "they are the most known heir to the Jones family that owns half of California, I must say that I am surprised that they didn't instantly put you in jail." I wanted to roll my eyes at his theatrics but I decided that the trouble I got through was enough.

"I had a right to defend myself," I stated and if looks could kill, I would be murdered by now on his table like a feast in front of him.

"Of what?" he exclaimed, "for tapping your shoulder?" he chuckled at my dumb-founded expression and somehow, he was right, I acted irrational but it still could have been worse.

At least, Charlie didn't take it to heart. When I did that, he groaned but commented "thank God it hadn't been my jewels."  He looked fine to me and not mad at the fact that I almost torn his hand off.

"Is that all? I have to go." I snapped since it was a ridiculous incident that didn't require all that fuss but of course, principal moody-pants just waved me off by telling me to stay outside to talk to the guys.

Rushing out of the office with a tired sigh, my eyes found the amusing eyes of Charlie as he smirked at me with a bandaged hand.

"You just really intrigued my fantasies, Miss Vincent," he whispered in my ear once he got closer to me, the stupid smirk still stuck on his face. His stance intimidated me slightly and his scent interfered into my respiratory system making me hold a breath.

"And you intrigued my defense moves, Mister Jones." I mimicked and stormed off, the only thing I hoped for was that they would forget all about it and forget that I existed.

They were still going to figure me out and especially when I was the one who attracted them to me.