PREY - 014

MADDOX
JAMES

As soon as the morning breeze passed by as the class windows were left open, my eyes never left her as she stood up and was out the door in a flash, leaving the teacher all the more annoyed.

I had to admit something to myself, her spunk gave my playboy spirit a boost. I felt like I had to challenge her.

I was skeptical, I was really skeptical and something told me she has a hidden story that would be the cause to my interest.

Not giving Charlie a warning, I grabbed my stuff and left in the middle of History class, leaving the teacher annoyed as she promised to give me a warning, I bashed the class door closed and was out for a wild hunt.

Let's see what you are hiding, rebel. My thoughts were hyping me up as I unlocked my sleek black BMW and started driving behind the taxi she had to take.

"Watch where you goin', asscracker." a man hollered when I almost bashed his car because he was trying to take my lane.

"The only ass I'll crack is your daughter's." I shouted back when I opened the window and smirked when the man's face deepened into a bright red color.

I continued setting my eyes on the back of the brunette girl, if that was even her real hair colour, and gripped my steering wheel even tighter. The wait for the truth was agitating me for I was a really fast guy in everything.

Though in my head, I liked a good old tough mystery, she challenged me and I was more than willing to discover it.

We stopped at a deserted street with a few houses in a row that looked trashed. She came out of the taxi as her hair cascaded like a waterfall, if she knew her fashion sense, she would be a hot toy for me but her ugly sweats were a turn off as for her stained white off-shoulder top.

I rolled my eyes at my judgement thinking about why I cared for her appearance as I stepped out of the car and walked behind the building to see where she was going from the corner.

The sun was beginning to rise and I realized that I was on a one hour ride on the outskirts of California, I wasn't really paying attention to my whereabouts but I could tell from the ashes and rotten trash that nobody ever stepped foot on this area.

She was slowly trotting to a particular house with a horrible paint job. I saw her tiny hand from faraway opening the rusty door as she tiptoed towards the source of her story.

My legs were light on the ground as I traced behind her and my eyes were calculating her every move. I finally arrived to the house as I dusted my pants with my hands and quickly hid behind the corner of what looked like a kitchen.

"I don't think you understand, Dave. Our son could be out there, we need more proof." the whispers were so close that I heard them. I looked at a woman who looked like she didn't brush her hair at all with stiff lips and a deranged look as she flails her hands around and a man that had his arms crossed as they both sat in front of a round rusty table.

"Give me the girl and I'll help you." he sneered with his gruff voice. He was a bald man and I caught a whiff of his cigar, he was smoking carelessly.

"I can't give you Bonnie!" she screamed in frustration. My eyes caught the movement opposite from mine, it was her and by the tears hidden in her eyes and her determined lips, I could tell she heard the commotion.

"This girl has something that belongs to me, Gary told me to get her to him or else our son is gone for good." He stated and all the puzzles clicked in my head. Gary, the guy we had, was her dad and her real name was Bonnie. That was the only thing that made sense and by the look on her face, I knew it was true.

I never knew the lost look made her appear so tempting.

"But Gary disappeared on you, you told me that." the woman hollered and the man stood up. The wood creaked from his heavy feet.

"Gary is still updating me, you either get the girl in return for your son or he will be killed by Gary's men." He finalized.

"If he could hire a man to rape his daughter back in Las Vegas, he could end your son. Gary Alvarez gets what he wants." he added as he walked away and the woman started crying.

Bonnie shook her head silently as her shoulders shivered, she tried denying the truth but what she didn't know was that we had her father.

It was all so clear to me, Gary was more messed up than we ever thought. Bonnie sat down silently as the woman continued crying and kept rocking back and forth as she held her head between her knees closing her eyes.

I stood there watching her oppositely as I shoved my hands in my pocket ordering them not to expose myself to the two girls by going to comfort her.

Comfort? why would I comfort someone when nobody comforted me when my parents disappeared? Bashing myself, I escaped through the window and out of their sad history.

We had a mission with Gary Alvarez and the revelation of his mystery about how he was able to contact the man. My eyes casted downwards to a sand filled paper and I crouched to pick it up.

Harry Wilson on the loose with his rape incidents!

With the face of the man that was in the house moments before.

"What are you doing here?"