SPY - 019

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

I tried to calm my escalated heart when my ears picked up on the conversation between Maddox and Charlie.

My hand clutched the entrance door to be able to stand properly because I was squished between the wall and the entrance door trying to spy on them.

My dad is really with them so he wasn't lying. I concluded when I heard about someone named Harry and my dad's name.

"-What does my parents have to do with Harry?" I could hear Maddox's rough voice from here and I was only a few miles apart from them.

"They were in it for..." Charlie's voice drifted off as his eyes caught the visible line of the entrance door and into my eyes.

He caught me from the peeping hole. Those guys have a talent and I wanted to disappear when Charlie's steps were heard ahead of Maddox.

"Really? do you not think that we are smart enough to catch you, sweetie?" Charlie's dimples were showing as he smiled amusingly at me.

"Klementine, did you find the notes for the class?" a nerdy girl approached us from my class and my cheeks brightened even more at the embarrassment.

"No, going to give them later." I replied meekly and she nodded going back to class after recieving sketchy looks from both of the guys. She scurried away like a lost puppy.

"Well, what do you know, Bonnie turns into Klementine," Charlie's smirk widens as he flicks my nose, "I am sure that Maddox made it clear that we have your dad." he reminded me which made me irritated by the underlying threatening tone to his voice.

"Yes, and I want to see him right now," I commanded with my steely eyes, "take me to him right now." I pointed at Charlie's chest in anger.

"Aye aye, princess," Maddox teased as he placed his sunglasses on and we headed to the car.

"Never trust gang men, dear Klementine," Charlie sang. The next I knew I was trapped in the car with a tight seatbelt on and my hands caged in metal bars. "Didn't your daddy tell you never trust strangers? we are going to have to punish you." Charlie winked at me after what he said.

I felt slightly distraught as I kept thrashing but failed as the metal kept harming my hands.

"I told Charlie everything about you," Maddox stated with his pushed back hair and his eyes darkened at the sight of my top lifted up to expose my midriff as I kept thrashing against the strict seatbelt but turned his gaze to the front quickly as if nothing fazed him.

"Why are you guys going to hold me hostage? what's my fault?" I spazzed as I kept thrashing but I relaxed slightly when the guys were about to exit our school's entrance, it had a dozen of security guards. Maddox unleashed but he had to blackmail me if I did not act normal around the guards, he would force me to have a sauna date with him which I despised so I opted to be calm for now.

One of them passed by Charlie's car, his investigating eyes assessing all the exterior and interior of the car until he told us we were ready to go.

I was going to have a chained reunion with dad so I had to form a quick plan in my head to get my dad out if there.

I might have a piece of my family back even if it meant saving a lunatic dad.

My eyes almost saw the hotel name but they masked me before I had a chance and I wanted to scream for help.

"Sorry princess, it's for safety measures." Maddox joked and took me outside the car by the arm, I could feel my hands getting relieved from the metal clutches.

The cloth against my mouth stopped me from screaming and I felt helpless since I couldn't do anything.

I should've thought it out better but I had no time.

Maddox's arms wrapped around my waist and I was being lifted onto one of his shoulder, his muscles put pressure on my stomach as I was being flipped upside down.

"I will distract security, you go ahead," Charlie instructed. "Don't forget to torture her dad in front of her, that will teach her not to spy on us."

I tried kicking his chest with my legs but his abs were rock steel and he chuckled at my actions. I cursed myself for not having a fast plan the moment he set me down after closing the door.

It smelled like a cheap perfume all over the place, maybe it was coming from my dad.

I could hear the door opening and closing again. I bet it was Charlie but the second I heard his voice, I wanted to puke.

"Is this my daughter?" his grimy voice made my body shiver because it was the first time in years since I heard his voice and I didn't want to hear it again.

The mask was ripped off of me as I took a look at my father. Fearless, cold eyes looked into mine and I could tell that he didn't change much.

Maddox put me in a chair in front of him and tied me around, I couldn't speak as I spectated my dad in front of me. It was like I was lost for words and I turned my head to face another auburn-haired girl who looked scared to glance at me, keeping her head down.

Charlie kept walking around us with a sinister smile on his face like the evil person he is as Maddox crouched beside me keeping a hand on my knee to stable himself.

"The perfect family portrait we all wanted, dear Bonnie met her disgusting dad," Charlie introduced as he made me dizzy with all the walking around, "let's begin the story, shall we?" he taunted as his eyes sparkled, looking at me and my dad back and forth.

"We have a trip to San Diego," Maddox stated calmly as my eyes met his, "if anyone of you decided to make a hassle about it," he cocked his gun and pointed at the girl, making her whimper in fright, "you know the drill already so I suggest no little sketches about escaping."

"This will be a fun trip." Charlie shouted with his hands in the air as his smile widened.

But what they didn't see was my dad nodding to the girl like a secret plan. He didn't think I'd see as well that I was willing to go on their side than his.

My smile copied Charlie and I knew my plan was going to be perfect.