LITTLE LIES -013

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

I made sure to put an end to all my doubts.

After finding the hidden tracking device in Victoria's room and placing it safely in the side pocket of her bag, I was reassured slightly. I wanted to find the mystery hidden behind her lies and I was going to end that case today.

"Are you all changed for school?" Victoria said once she opened my bedroom door, "Breakfast is ready."

I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror when she left, I was wearing black sweatpants with a casual white off-shoulder shirt and my old black boots but when I glimpsed the heavy grief in my eyes, I was reminded again by my own unfortunate events.

Those unwanted feelings came crashing back just like it did every morning, my eyes glared at me in the mirror and my wrists shook making my breath pattern constricted.

You are nothing but one big mistake. My feelings told me making me grip my hair and closing my eyes firmly.

Stop it, stop it right now. I replied to my own feelings as I collapsed from my intense chest feeling as the tingles rushed down my body.

I opened my eyes again at the mirror and breathed heavily as my hands were placed on the floor. It was astounding how I went from the optimistic social girl that once had vibrant blonde hair and a smile that never left her face to the desolate girl that had brunette hair and a frown in just a span of one grief-stricken day.

My legs held me back up and my full fake facade returned, I was a girl in a mission right now and I was going to expose Victoria's lies, I was also going to end those two men in my school. I had a lot of plans to make but I decided to aim for Victoria and keep the best for last.

"See you later." I hollered from the entrance door after breakfast with a dangerous smirk on my face and took the bus Victoria signed me up in.

I gripped my bag in one hand as I looked out through the bus window and dozed off in my dark but peaceful thoughts.

The bus stopped and my eyes coincidently met those dull gray eyes  the moment I stepped out of the bus, we never stopped looking at each other as the atmosphere isolated us from everyone like it was our own world. He was the one with the Charlie guy, I could tell by his distinctive eyes.

"Move along, kid." Someone grumpled as she shoved her shoulder on mine making me slightly stumble to the side and the guy smirked making me agitated.

"Are you watching something you liked?" I sneered as my eyes hardened at the source of trouble.

He was wearing a tight black button-up shirt with a few opened buttons from the top revealing a slight view of his chest along with dark jeans and black sneakers. His attire was casual but nothing about his face was. To everyone that looked at him, they would think he was that shallow, easy-going guy but to me, he was mysterious to the eyes with a sharp jaw and cloudy eyes. I had a feeling that if anyone was to challenge him, he would win in an instant second with his look.

"Yes, it's going to become my daily morning dose." he commented as his perfume hit me once again as he stepped closer to me. His eyes found mine once again as his arms went around my shoulders due to our height difference, he craned his head down and his face came closer to mine but stopped once his lips reached my ear making my body rapidly shiver in defense.

"It seems like you have mommy issues." my breath hitched when I replied to his comment. "Why don't you leave me alone already? I'm late to my class." I recovered from the intense emotions.

"There seems to be a secret to you, Klementine," he whispered in my ear, "if that's even your name." I tried not to show my sharp intake of breath but it seemed harder for me as his sharp eyes met mine when he pulled away with a smirk.

He scrutinized me just like I was just a bad girl being taught a lesson and crossed his arms.

"Just a little advice dear Klementine, you should pay more attention to the teacher who spent ten minutes calling your name." he winked after he said his little advice and turned around tucking his hands in his pockets as he walked off leaving me surprised.

He seemed to have way more details to him, he was definitely skeptical of me and I had to make sure to keep an eye on him in school. What Victoria said to me about keeping off the attention came back to my mind.

I averted my eyes from the walking guy to my phone letting me know that Victoria was still at home. The tracking device was connected to my phone which made it more conveniant to know her whereabouts in school.

The day passed by me with me checking my phone and with me seeing the principal to continue our conversation about school and his meaningless warnings about me hiding something, I was irked at the fact that Victoria was taking her sweet time to go for the inspection.

I went to my third class which was History with the two guys at the back whispering to each other. As soon as they saw me walking to my seat, they both smirked at me the same exact way, I figured I'd be their current muse from the last event between us.

Something told me that I would probably be their target soon but I didn't have time for them because as soon as my eyes spotted Victoria's movements on my phone, I was out the door.

Dear Victoria, you really better be careful with your little lies.