TARGET - 012

MADDOX
JAMES

"Aw, what a warm welcome." My target commented with a mocking smile that seemed to make my blood boil. He knew he was getting under our skin and as an impatient team, we were falling for the bait.

"You have five seconds to tell us your gang location or we will kill her." I threatened, not wasting any time in pointing the gun towards the scrawny girl.

I was supposed to be in the spa dancing with two hot chicks but I was postponed by our target that was tied on a chair in our room for interrogation. Charlie held Violetta with a smirk towards Gary Alvarez, the gang leader.

His face was like a deformed painting; pointy nose, thin lips and baggy eyes. He was nowhere near the hot girls that I was supposed to be with but that asshole had to stall us with his crap. It turned out that he also had reservations with his "clients" who were the ones that bailed him out in Las Vegas.

"What do you want, young boys?" he stalled again and Charlie had enough of it, he stepped closer to the man with a firm grip around Violetta's wrist, who was too scared to thrash around.

"The California gang location now," Charlie simply replied as he passed Violetta to me and I gripped her as harsh as he did. "If you don't, you'll both be killed and your money will vanish." he playfully made an explosion gesture with his hands along the infamous smirk on his face.

That seemed to do the job as his taunting smile turned into a scowl at the mention of his hidden money that was found by our allies back in Las Vegas.

The story about the wild gambler, Gary Alvarez, was known to every gang as the most popular story ever. Gary had a lot of money and gang allies, the moment we heard he was coming back to California for a meeting with his allies, Charlie set a plan to blackmail him into giving us what we wanted which was the sacred property that he owned but the location was hidden and no gang knew about it. We also knew that Gary didn't have the key with him for he acknowledged the fact that all gangs wanted it for their expansion and hid it somewhere.

It was a chase for us and we liked every bit of it. So here we were with the tied target and the girl from one of his gang.

"You see," I walked around him as Charlie handled the crying girl, "we found your money in the safe before you landed here which was such an easy task to do."

He was short in height compared to my 6'4 height so I kneeled down with mischief in my eyes and placed my elbows on his knees teasingly.

"I finally got to see the man who has it all in person, lucky me," I chuckled after saying that and continued as his face showed a bit of fearfulness, "I suggest you get on with your reply very carefully before we make all of your bitch pack extinct." I patted his cheek and stood up.

"Aswet Road, San Diego." my smirk widened as the whimpered answer was heard and I turned around to the girl that was shaking in Charlie's hold. She outed her own leader and that was what I exactly wanted.

I wasn't stupid to think that he would tell me honestly and it was going to be as simple as a princess story ending. I knew the girl was interested in money and we did our research. We found out how this rich leader treats his gang members and it wasn't a pretty treatment at all so why not turn all his members into deviants?

"You foolish girl, you were supposed to be quiet." He sneered at the poor girl and tried to shake his chair but to no avail, we had pretty tight chains on him. It was a good thing he thought we were the guys in his gang and he didn't make any sounds.

"It looks like we have a roadtrip to plan and you both are coming with us." Charlie clapped with a smirk when he announced our next step but we both knew there was more to it that none of the leader nor the member knew.

We tied the girl with heavy chains aswell and moved them to the left side of the suite room. We already made sure that no room service came around with our money.

"You'll regret this, I can assure you that boys." Gray Alvarez spat at us and we both chuckled at the audacity of the weak leader. I taped his mouth and the girl's mouth.

Charlie got rid of his jacket and laid down on the king sized bed with a groan.

"God, I never missed school days." he whined as he closed his eyes and I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior.

I went to the huge jacuzzi that was in the bathroom after locking the door. I stripped down my clothes and placed them in the basket beside the bathroom door, wasting no time in getting some relaxation.

The hot water calmed my muscles down and I soaked my head in the water before getting back up as my arms laid on either sides of the wide tub.

God, her eyes. Thoughts about her crossed my mind and I found myself consciously shaking my head as if these thoughts would disappear but the blue orbs never left my vision and I grew frustrated. The more I was alone, the more I thought about her and that needed to end now.

I closed my eyes and turned my thoughts to the mystery behind my parents. I didn't know them at all since the day I was seventeen and Charlie found me on the street escaping from my aunt who abused me. He seemed to relate to me so he took me in and taught me everything.

Nobody knew about the disappearance of my parents but some believed it started after I was born by three days and my aunt took me in. I never saw my parents at all.

I hoped I never get attached to anyone. I was sure I could keep the promise to myself.