Chapter 7

Kawaki's POV

"Tch."

That dork's face is annoying. I switch my stares at the blonde idiot who is happily talking to his teammates. I don't know but he seems to instruct them.

"Are you okay, Kawaki?" the coach approaches me.

"Yeah," my short and bold reply.

A few minutes later, the referee calls out to us and tells us to proceed to the center of the court.

The game is about to start.

"All the Team Captains, move closer."

The referee orders and we both, the idiot and I, move closer to him.

"Get ready," he reminds.

We prepared ourselves and the stadium starts to roar again.

The referee throws the ball in the air and we both aim at the same target.

It's the jump ball.

"Tch, he got it," I murmur in my mind.

He immediately runs to the opposing court to get his first score. Well, I won't let him so I run after him. I am chasing behind his back while he is dribbling the ball.

His fangirls start to cheer for him and the idiot seems to enjoy the noise they are making.

How annoying.

I think I can't cope up with him this time and he's moving fast too. One of my teammates stops him from moving forward. He passes the ball to his teammate and the other idiot attempts to shoot.

My teammate tries to stop him,

"Shit, he fakes!" I cuss.

He passes back the ball to the blonde idiot and the latter shoots it.

He scores.

The crowd yells and the sound of annoying plastic bottles hurt my ears.

I try not to get distracted by the noise so I ignore them.

Now, it's our turn.

That blue-haired guy passes the ball to me and I dribble.

"It's our turn to hit some points," he tells me.

"Shut up, I know that," I answer back. I can see him scowl at me but I don't care.

I run in the direction of that idiot who's in the guard stance. I don't know how he plays defense and that was an offensive attack earlier, and I never saw him play.

Now, I wonder how he plays.

I try to lure him with my dribble style. His eyes are switching from left to right.

I move to my left and attack, but damn he reads it and tries to steal the ball from me good thing it did not turn in his way.

I still got it.

I am running out of time. I don't have any other choice but to shoot.

I jump to shoot and the blonde idiot falls for my trap, he jumps too. It's a fake.

I step backward before the three-point line and shoots.

And it's a three.

We're one point ahead of them, but we can't celebrate just yet, I know they will cope up sooner.

It's the blonde idiot dribbling the ball. I know he will avenge his team. I got some idea of how he plays. I can somehow read his moves.

As I have said, he would avenge his team and got another two-point score. And that, they are ahead of one.