Chapter 50

[Note: Read until the end]

Enjoy! (*3*)

Always,

b.b.b.

**********************************************************************

"About the prom," he mentions. His voice faints I can barely hear him speak. I am confused now.

"Huh?" I mutter.

"Will you be my date?" he almost whispered. My eyes grow bigger when I heard him say them. He is asking me to be his date?

I think I was stunned for like a few seconds not looking at him.

"Jerk, I--" I was cut off. He is already unconscious when I look at him.

"Hey, jerk?" I tap his face full of bruises. He is not moving.

"Jerk, wake up," I tell him but he doesn't open his eyes. I start to get nervous.

I am shaking his shoulder but he is not responding to it. Tears form in the corners of my eyes. I am going to burst out crying if he does not wake up.

I look around and I see the two morons trying to save their friends. I am about to stand up to ask for help outside when suddenly my vision turns black and all I know is I am falling to nowhere.

"Sarada! Thank goodness you're awake!" I hear someone speaks and then I slowly open my eyes.

"Mom?" I feeble. She grabs my hand while sobbing.

"Yes," she replies. I look around and everyone is present. Chocho, Boruto, my adviser, and the rest of the class. They all look worried.

"Where are we?" I ask trying to familiarize the place.

"We are in the clinic," she replies.

"What happened?" I ask. I hardly remember anything.

"You and Kawaki were found lying unconsciously in the old stock room earlier. The guys who have caused you trouble were in the care of the right person now. You don't have to worry anymore," Chocho explains. She is comforting me by rubbing the top of my head.

That's right. The jerk. He was in bad shape.

"Where is the jerk?" I ask and they look quite surprised.

"He was rushed to the hospital. He got injuries that cannot be handled by the school clinic and he needs further tests," Chocho's face saddens.

"No way... But was he fine?" I am worried about his condition. I think it's my responsibility for what happened to him.

"He was quite in bad shape. He got bruises and wounds all over his body," our adviser joins in this time.

I look down praying in my head that he will be fine. I look at my arms and see scratches on them.

"How about me? Did anything serious happen?" I ask. I'm worried I'll be bedridden for a week.

"Don't worry, Sarada. Your bruises and scratches were already treated. You just need to rest for a while," the attending physician tells me. I give her a nod and she leaves immediately after.

"We will be preparing the venue for the prom tomorrow," I say.

"It's okay, Sarada. I have talked to the Drama Club adviser about your situation and she agreed that you'll rest for the whole day tomorrow. But, will you be able to come to the prom?" our adviser tells me.

"I think I can manage to come and I need to," I tell her. She nods and my classmates rejoice when they confirmed my attendance at the said event.

Mom tells everyone that we need to head home soon. She's so concerned about me. After a while, we leave the clinic and Chocho accompanies us to the car.