Chapter 25

"Long time no see, grandpa Simone,"

I heard the jerk talk to the old man. So, he knew him. The old man blinks his eyes countless times and stretches his eyes to know who is the person in front of him.

"I'm afraid you are... Kawaki?!" he utters surprisingly and taps his shoulders. The little boy beside him seems confused about what is happening around him. He looks at me and I smile. He hides behind his grandpa's kimono. Even I am glad that this jerk knew Mr. Fujiyama.

"You're a grown-up now. I barely recognize you," he chuckles and moves him closer to his chest like he is going to hug him. The jerk did not complain nor object to the old man's gesture.

"By the way, who is this beautiful girl right here? Is she your girlfriend? Are you paying a visit to us together?" the old man concludes and I almost puke at his statement. His girlfriend? Why would people think that? The last time we were called boyfriend-girlfriend was when... the moment my first kiss was stolen. Argh! I hate to reminisce about that obnoxious memory of him stealing my precious first kiss.

"No, no, no! That's not it. We are here to..." I'm quick to refuse and I shudder when I utter those words to him.

"We're here because you called for our help," the jerk finally says and Mr. Fujiyama switches his gaze at him and twitches his brow in confusion.

"We are here for our community service requirement for our graduation," I add and he looks stunned.

"You mean, you are students from that school I wrote to a week ago?" he says while nodding his head.

"I'm sorry to keep you standing outside. Please come in," he invites us inside. I carry my things with me and the jerk walks straight inside the old man's house.

"I am Sarada, nice to meet you, Mr. Fujiyama," I offer my hand for a shake and he accepted it.

"No need for Kawaki to introduce himself because I already knew him," he laughs. The jerk just shakes his head. I notice that the little boy is tugging on Mr. Fujiyama's kimono and the old man finally notices him.

"By the way, this is Taki, my grandson. You haven't met him before Kawaki," he speaks to him, and the jerk looks at the kid.

"Is he Yukito's son?" he asks the old man and he nods to confirm it. I don't know what they are talking about. So I think I'll just listen to them silently.

"I see. Where's Yukito?" he asks and the old man gets inside the house and we follow him. He is leading us to his son's room. When he opened it, his sick son is lying on the mattress.

"Sarada, dear. It looks like your bag is heavy. Let me show you to your rooms while you stay here," he says and leads us to our rooms. He turns left and tells the jerk that it's his room and the right one is mine. Our rooms are facing each other.

"After you unpack your things can you proceed to the living room?" he asks and we nod as a response to him.

"Well then, see you there," he waves goodbye at us. I look around the room and it feels lovely in here. The design is simple yet elegant in the eyes. I wonder who's room is this. I unpack my things and prepare my clothes to wear when we get to work.

After I brought out the clothes, I head to the living room as per Mr. Fujiyama's instructions.

As I walk near the living room, I hear indistinct voices chattering and I figure out that they are all there talking including Taki.

"So, Taki's mom died a year ago?" I hear the jerk said. The old man nod and I can see how Taki's face gloom.

"Why don't you join us, Sarada?" Mr. Fujiyama notices my presence and I join in.