Chapter 19

Kawaki's POV

She was astonished when she heard about my proposition. I know she is smart but I think I've got her in my hands now. I just want to annoy her and keep her bossy attitude away. Honestly, that's all my intention to keep her away from me. She is annoying as hell but I don't know if it's just a coincidence that all my bad luck involves her or should I say she is a bit of bad luck herself?

"Why are you doing this to me?" her voice breaks. Is she going to cry? She did not. I hate to admit it but, she's tough in situations like this and I admire such qualities of her and it to urges me to tease her more.

"You are teaching me lessons and I am returning the favor," I intend to annoy her with my answer. Her face frowns and I respond with scorn that makes her even more upset.

I tell her to start our lesson for today making the letter as bait. She scowls while walking in my direction. She pouts in anger when she sits down and takes her notes and books from her bag. She flips on the pages of the book and starts writing down numbers on the blank page.

She then starts to explain the steps on how to solve the problem. We do the lesson within an hour and I notice that it's almost dusk. The lamps of the campus light up. A silly thought came up in my mind. I want to know how she will react to my demands.

"Hey, let's have a break," I tell her. I noticed that her brows furrow. Maybe thinking why I have said it?

"I'm heading out now," she says and starts packing up her things. She seems in a hurry.

"You're not going home just yet. I am hungry can you buy me a bite? Well, the canteen is closed by now and there is a store nearby. I want a burger and soda," I'm not hungry I just want to know if she'll go and get me what I asked.

"Hey, you can have it on your own. I need to go," she refuses. Why in such a hurry though? I will insist and see if how she will deal with it.

"Tch," I utter expressing my disgust and she looks worried about it.

"I think we had just agreed that you will do whatever I ask you to do." I remind her of our agreement again and she startles.

"Well, you can have your burger and soda on your way home, right?" testing my patience? But I keep my stubbornness and insist that she must go and get me what I asked her.

"I want it now and besides, we haven't finished discussing the lesson. The mock exam is on the day after tomorrow. We need to cope up," I reason out. You can't make me give me up dork.

"Well, we can continue the discussion tomorrow an-" I cut her off. I'm not interested in what she is going to say. I want to let her know who's the real boss here.

"You will do what I am asking you or else..." I have to use this letter again to scare the hell out of her. Now that I've got my tramp card against her, she can't boss around me. I bring out the letter from my bag and wave it in front of her.

"I am damn serious," I add and I can tell how she gulps and her face turns pale. She looks like she has seen a ghost and it's truly funny I was holding my laughter back.

She drops her things on the table and turns her back at me. She walks away without uttering a word. When she's completely vanished off my sight, I burst out laughing. I could not believe it. A smarty like her is so easy to read. I sit back and wait for her to come back.

I flip on the pages of the notes which she used to write down the lessons today. It's not that I'm a knucklehead but I'm just not interested to study my lessons and in fact, I can pass all the tests if I want to but I just want to get my father's attention. Unfortunately, things went roughly especially when the dork entered the scene.