Chapter 17

[Hey, I don't know how to write this chapter. My hands are shaking with excitement T~T]

"Boruto, you are back!"

I heard my classmates shout when I am about to enter the classroom.

"Boruto is--" I whisper and stop in front of the door. Cho-Cho stops beside me. When I turn to face her, I see her brows furrow in astonishment.

"What's wrong?" she asks in a  confused tone. She hasn't heard them? I tuck her hair back behind her ear and my guess is right. She got her earphones on. I move closer to her and remove the earphones from her ears.

"Boruto's back," I whisper in her ear. Her eyes widen upon hearing it. She suddenly grips on my arm and drags me inside the classroom.

"Hey Cho-Cho, what are you doing?" I snap and she gestures to me to keep quiet.

"Boruto, we're so happy to see you look so well now right, Sarada?" she says then winks at me. I don't know what she is trying to do now.

"H-Huh? Y-Yeah, "I respond while stuttering. I think I gave him an awkward smile. Why the heck she would just drag me like that? She knew I haven't prepared what to say to him yet.

"Yeah, I'm glad that I have managed to come before the mock exam. You know, I don't like getting special treatments," he replies while rubbing the back of his head.

"But your leg, is that really okay now?" I can't help myself from worrying about his injury.

"Yeah, I can walk well now. The doctor prescribed me medications to relieve the pain and completely heal the swollen ankle," he explains. I nod as a response to him.

"Glad that you are okay now," I say in relief.

"Don't worry about it. I can even run now," he chuckles, and Cho-Cho laughs.

"But, you can't still defeat me in a race," Cho-Cho brags. I know she was just joking.

"Let's see..." Boruto responds and laughs. We head to our desks after that conversation and make way for others to have time to greet him.

"I'm sorry if I burdened you with my task," I heard him tell Denki, and Denki gestures that he doesn't need to worry about it.

I look at him and nothing really changed. He is still the same Boruto I admire. I think my cheeks flush.

Canteen

"Here is my letter. Would you like to read it?" Cho-Cho says then moves the square envelope closer to me. Her cheeks blush.

"Wait, are you serious? I am not reading that" I refuse and move the envelope back to her. I'm not going to intrude. It's her privacy though.

"Hmm..." she murmurs.

"Are you going to give that to him now?" I ask her. Calculating her temper.

"I am not sure if I'll get a chance today but I am still going to give him this," she says while looking at the envelope.

"Good luck, Cho-Cho," I tell her and smile at her uncertainly. I am uncertain about mine. I clench my chest. Should I give him now?

"I thought you'll give him yours too?" I know she will ask me about mine.

"I am still unsure about it. Unlike you, I don't have the courage to confess to him yet. My mind is quite messy and I don't know if I can survive the rejection later," my words are full of honesty I even think of the rejection first before the confession but Cho-Cho is unwavering.

The Grumpy JerkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara