Chapter 16

"What do you want to know about... who?" the President of the club asks.

"Yes, I want to know who appeals for my spot in the club," I say and she stares at me for a second. I look at Cho-Cho and her brows raise.

"Oh, it's-"

"The principal is waiting for you. See her right away, it's urgent."

Someone has interrupted her from speaking and we turn our heads to see who was speaking to her, the President of the Sports Club.

"Hey, can we talk about it some other time? I have an urgent meeting with the principal. See you later," she says and immediately leaves.

"Well, I guess we have to wait for her until she gets back," Cho-Cho shrugs. We don't know when she will be back though maybe we have a class already before that happens.

"Let's back some other time then," I say and the bell rings thereupon. We head back to our classroom for the next lesson.

"I regret to tell you that we will be having a mock exam before the mid-term exam date. This is to prepare everyone especially those who have failed the preliminary examinations," our adviser reveals upon settling in her desk.

So, that means...

"Sarada and Kawaki, I am afraid your tutorial will be early. This mock exam must get a favorable result for Kawaki since he failed the preliminary examination and some of you too. We have discussed this with the principal last week. Moreover, you should not take this mock exam lightly because this will serve as an extra point for your final grades," she adds and everyone fusses. Buzz here, buzz there. I hate this. I don't know how to deal with the jerk.

"Please be quiet, I'm not done yet. Since Boruto is not able to come for the mock exam due to his injured leg, he will be given a separate exam and for the 12-D case, I am assigning someone as a replacement for Boruto," she continues to explain. An idea came up in my mind.

"Why not replace me as the tutor for the 12-D? I got some friends there and the tutorial will just come smoothly, no problem will arise at all. And I guess anyone would be fine with Kawaki since he is the only one," I suggest while raising one arm.

It will free me from the jerk. I don't want to see his face or even I can withstand his annoying attitude. I hope she will accept my suggestion. *fingers crossed*

"Well, I can help Kawaki out though," Yodo says then flips her hair. Hmm...

That's right, Yodo. Help me convince our adviser so I can get rid of the jerk.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I have already fixed this problem. No changes for Sarada and Kawaki and Boruto's replacement, I have decided that Denki will take over as the class' top-two student," she says. No luck for me. Argh! How unfortunate I am!

Yodo scowls too after hearing her finalized her words. Cho-Cho suddenly presses me on my side that makes me face her.

"Are you okay with that?" she says whispering in my ear.

"As if I have a choice," I whisper back. Her face worries and I only give her an unsure smile. I don't really know if I am okay with it or I will just drop him mid-way. I sigh.

"The mock exam will be on Friday at 8 a.m.," she reminds.

Today is Monday, so we only have three days to do the review. Damn, this is such a pain.

"Hey, Cho-Cho!" I call out to her. She is busy tapping on her phone. Maybe texting him again? Well, I think no need to ask. We are walking home now.