Chapter 33

I hastily put stuff in my backpack. My pair of shoes, inner clothes, my headdress, and jewelry.

"Sarada? Are you done already? Chocho's waiting for you downstairs," mom knocks on the door. I am in a hurry because today is the School Anniversary and our play is scheduled at 1:00 p.m.

"Almost done," I shout from inside and she replies with 'okay' and I can hear her footsteps slowly fade away. I quickly grab my bag when I make sure that all I need are packed. I hurry downstairs and a smiling Chocho welcomes me.

"You sure are in a hurry," Chocho comments and I pout.

"Yeah, that's why let's go," I say and proceed to the kitchen to say goodbye to mom.

"What about your breakfast?" she asks while the food is already served on the table.

"We're late. We have our last practice at 8:00 a.m. and I am late," I say and my mom's face worries. She doesn't let me go without having breakfast.

"We'll just have these sandwiches then," Chocho says and grabs some sandwiches from the plate.

"We'll just eat on the way," I agree with Chocho and grab some from the table too.

"Just make sure that you will eat after your practice, okay?" she ensures and I nod. She smiles at us and we wave goodbye at her.

"Can't wait to meet new boys today," Chocho giggles as we walk to school.

"Are you serious?" I ask while furrowing my brows. She keeps her giggling face.

"Well, you should be friends with some of them too and move on from Boruto," she is just joking, right?

"You can't be serious," I utter in disbelief. She narrows her eyes at me like she is suspicious about something.

"What?" I snap and she moves closer to me.

"Don't tell me you still haven't moved on from him," she whispers and I pout.

"Do you think it's that easy to move on from someone you are admiring for years?" I retaliate and she moves away.

"Well, you got a point," she just says and did not talk about it anymore.

"Because you have not moved on from him yet too," I tease her and her cheeks blush.

"Well, it's not that easy to move on. If I can get a boy from another school, maybe I can," she laughs. I shake my head in disbelief. I know she is just kidding.

"Let's hurry. I'm late," I snarl and we run in the direction of the school gates.

When we arrived, a lot of new faces greet us. Booths are everywhere. Everyone's roaming around.

"Sarada!" Chocho squeaks and she looks like a jellyfish.

"I can see a hottie from here," she giggles and I give her an awkward smile.

"Come on, I'm late," I pull her closer to me and drag her in the direction of the auditorium.

"Hey, slow down," she says while she keeps her head at her back. I keep dragging her away from the crowd.

When we get to the auditorium, everybody's busy preparing for the stage decorations and stuff.

"Sarada! Finally, you're here," Sumire smiles at me.

"Sorry, I'm late," I bow my head to show my sincere apology. She shakes her head as if to say I don't have to apologize.

"You're just on time," the club president utters. She moves closer to us and she gestures me to proceed backstage.