Chapter 13

The room was silent after Boruto was rushed to the clinic. Everyone's worried about his leg. Our adviser panics when she realized that the Prince is in a bad shape and nobody's going to take his place if he fails to show up this afternoon. We still need to hear a thing from the clinic before the time comes.

"I need to go and check on Boruto's situation I'll be back right away," she says and grabs her bag from the chair and left for the clinic. We are watching her back until it fades.

"I wonder if Boruto's going to make it on time," Tsubaki feebles. Everyone has a sad and worried face.

"Sarada..." Cho-Cho calls and I keep silent. I don't know what to say anyway. My chest turns heavy and my feet seem so tired that I can't move them to make at least a single step.

"Whether Boruto's going to make it or not, the show must go on," Tsubaki says and everyone agrees.

Well, it should but who will replace him if he won't make it? That's a big question mark in my head. I think my brain will burst from overthinking. I don't know what to do now.

"You know what, Cho-Cho? I am almost there for being a part of the drama club yet this happens. How unfortunate I could be?" I tell her sulking. She rubs my back with her palm to comfort me. I still feel so heavy.

Everyone gets back to their work as nothing has happened. They are still positive that Boruto will show up in no time with a smiling face, assuring us that everything will be okay.

"Sarada, don't stress yourself out. We don't like having an exhausted Snow White or else you will switch places with Yodo," Wasabi teases me and I laugh at her statement. Namida then grabs my hands and smiles at me.

"Don't worry. Everything will fall into place. Let's wait for our adviser to come back and proceed to what we must do," Namida's sweet voice is reassuring. It makes my heart relax and calm. I think I look very affected that they all noticed and give words of encouragement.

I smile at her and I think I have recharged a bit. I turn on my left and Cho-Cho was there smiling at me. I am grateful that I got such wonderful friends. I don't know what to do without them especially my best friend, Cho-Cho.

Wasabi and Namida say their goodbyes as they still have some important things to do and told me not to overthink before they leave. Cho-Cho has never left my side and keeps telling me stories to keep me occupied. She gives me jokes so I could laugh and forget about the bad things not until our adviser returns and gives us an update about Boruto's condition.

"Sorry, but Boruto would not make it for the play this afternoon. The doctor advised him to be confined at the hospital for further tests. He doesn't look so good. His ankle is swollen and he barely moves his leg. I really feel sorry for him. Let's pray for his fast recovery," she tells.

Everyone has been saddened by the news. Our shoulders drop. Indistinct chatter takes over the room and it makes me feel awful. What should we do now?

"We need to choose a replacement for Boruto real quick. We are running out of time. The play starts at 1 o'clock and it's twenty-nine past eleven and we are not done yet with the preparations," she utters while keeping her composure steady. I know our adviser is in panic from the unexpected accident. She is our adviser and she is responsible for everything and for what happened to Boruto.

"Everybody listen up. The show must go on no matter what. I promised Boruto that this play must succeed even without him. He knew that everyone worked hard for it and he doesn't want all your efforts to be in vain. To whoever be chosen to be his replacement, he wants him to do his best for this play that's his only injunction,"  she adds.