Chapter 31

"Don't tell me the jerk is a fan of him too?" this is surprising. Why would a picture of Mr. Martin be on this desk? He was wearing a suit and hat all in black in the picture. He looks amazing in them.

"What are you doing? I told you to go to the veranda," his voice startles me and makes me turn my back at him.

"I'm sorry. I was just looking at the photos," I am so eager to ask him about Mr. Martin because my curiosity is hitting me again. He is carrying some books and notes with him.

"Let's go," he tells me and he proceeds to the veranda. I follow him to the area and when we arrive he settles on the chair right away. I sit on a chair in front of him so we are facing each other. He puts his things on the table and so do I. He stares coldly at me like his usual demeanor. I feel uneasy for the first time. I don't know. He is just the jerk I hate the most but it feels like he is a different person now.

"Are we going to just stare at each other until this afternoon?" he wakes me up from spacing out. I was preoccupied with asking him about Mr. Martin.

"Huh? Ah, um. Let's start," I stammer but thank goodness I'm finally back to my senses. I flip the pages of the book and stops when I get to the topic I am going to discuss with him.

"Prepare your notebook we are going to discuss the solution to the problems present in this lesson," I tell him and he idly opens his notebook and grabs the pen.

"Take a look at this, you can see this is an example. Read and analyze it. Once. e you have read the guidelines on how to solve the problem you can proceed to the given situation and start making a solution. The strategy for solving the problem is to memorize the formula since formulas are the guiding factors for solving these problems. And if you have questions in mind, ask me," I explain and he uncharacteristically stares at the textbook.

I don't know if he is reading them or just pretending to be. I wait until he is finished. While I am waiting for him, I look around and I noticed that their place looks amazing. As my eyes wander around, a lot of questions pop into my head like, does he live alone here? Does he have siblings or any family members living in this huge house with him? And what intrigues me more is, why Mr. Martin is on the photo frame?

I want those questions to come to life like asking him about them personally but I am hesitant as well or he might suspect me of something bad. Well, I don't want that kind of impression from him but my curiosity is damn eating me right now.

I notice that he moves his notebook and starts writing on it. So, he is finished reading. I watch as he makes a solution to the problem. He looks not struggling at all. This jerk is strange today.

a few minutes later, he pushes the notebook near me to check on it and I check on it right away, of course. He is not looking away when I glance at him.

His answer is right. I murmur in my head. I check on it again but it turns out to be correct.

"It looks like you have listened to me properly. Well, let's move on to the next," I say and give him another set of problems. He scoffs as a response to me. It's a different topic already. But he looks uninterested in it anymore.

"Do you need a break?" I ask him when I noticed his annoyed face. He smirks at me and says, "Just go on, I'm fine." I nod and give him the next situation. He reads the guide and starts writing down his solution.

He isn't the jerk I tutored the last time. He was annoying back then and he is a different person today. He doesn't grumble about how irritating this session is. It doesn't feel right I mean, he is quiet and not pestering me.

A moment later, he moves the notebook closer to me and I immediately check on it. I am surprised he got it right again.

"Hey, it looks like you already know about these topics. Can we move on to the next subject?" I ask him and he doesn't move. Suddenly, he aims to get up from his seat.