Chapter 36

I woke up early because today is going to be the day I am meeting Mr. Martin, hopefully, I can meet him. Well, I have to go on my own. Chocho is not coming with me though instead, she will go hunt boys. I shake my head in disbelief thinking about her plan this week.

"Sarada, where are you up to? Today is the first day of your Christmas break, right?" mom notices me all dressed up.

"Um, Chocho and I will watch movies together," I'm sorry for lying mom.

"I see," she nods and gets back to her work. She's preparing for breakfast.

"Is it okay?" I say maybe she wants me at home today.

"Yes, I know you need a break from school. If Chocho's with you, I don't have to worry," she says in a calm voice. The problem is, she is not coming with me.

"Uh, yeah..." I stammer and she faces me holding a pot of soup. So, we're having soup this morning.

"Be careful, it's still hot," she reminds me of the hot-served soup in front of me. I nod at her while smiling.

I scoop from the pot and put it in my bowl. A spoonful straight to my mouth and I giggle at how delicious it is.

"Do you like it?" she asks me and I constantly nod at her. She smiles and eats up too.

"I am leaving mom. I'll meet Chocho at the corner," I say while waving goodbye at her.

"You two be careful," she says and waves back. I step away from the gates of our house and head straight to the station.

I stop when I see a familiar face in a distance.

"You're late,"

"Chocho!" I exclaim. I did not expect to meet her at the corner. I dash in her direction and stop while panting.

"Hey, why are you here?" I am clueless as to why she is in front of me right now.

"Why do you think so?" she smirks at me then looks away. I think I knew it.

"So, you're coming with me?" I tease her by poking her side. She softens when she reacted to my gesture like she is tickled or something.

"Well, I'm worried you'll be in trouble. I just realized that you're an unfortunate girl," she scoffs and I pout.

"You're so cruel," I say and she chuckles.

"We're best friends and I can't let you go all by yourself," she winks at me. I could not help myself but hug her.

"Great! You're the best girl ever!" I yell and she shrugs.

"Let's go. We have wasted so much time," she says and I agree by nodding my head at her.

"Your curiosity is killing us," she says when we get on the bus. I laugh and she just sighs.

This is our first time going to the studio where Mr. Martin works. I don't even have a clue if he is there or has business away from his workplace.

After an hour of riding on the bus, we have finally reached our destination. I lift my head and look so amazed by the heights in front of us.

"This building looks so amazing!" I am bewildered by the scene. It's a twenty-story building.

"Let's go!" Chocho wakes me from daydreaming. I nod and walk near the entrance.

"Good morning, ladies. Where are you up to?" the guard asks us and we look at each other and I speak, "We are meaning to speak personally with Mr. Martin," I breathe heavily after I spoke to him. What if he won't approve?