Chapter 8

Three...

Two...

One...

Buzz!

And the crowd roar like there is no tomorrow.

"Oh my god, Kawaki! You're so cool and hot at the same time!"

"Whoa! Red Team is this year's champion!"

"It's okay Boruto. You still did great!"

This can't be...

The jerk's team won the tournament and I...

And I...

"Seems like you're going out on a date with Kawaki, Sarada."

I think I was astonished and still couldn't believe what just happened.

I turn to face Cho-Cho.

"No. It's not a date and I am not going out with him," I tell her.

"But that's the condition in this year's tournament," she insists.

"Even so, I won't go out with him. If it is Boruto I would be very excited. Well, not with that jerk. There's no way I am going to have a meal with him!" I almost yell at her.

I can feel my voice shake when I utter those words to her.

I can't imagine myself sitting in front of that jerk. I wonder if I can properly eat or maybe I will just lose my appetite seeing his grumpy face.

His teammates are happy except him, I just noticed. He seems not interested in the win I don't know what's with him.

Boruto approaches the jerk to shake hands with him but the jerk ignores him. How rude. They talk for a while and the jerk completely leaves Boruto.

Why would the jerk's team win? Why not Boruto's?

I cried in my head. I think my chest will burst in disappointment.

"That nerdy in 12-A is so lucky. She'll be spending the rest of the day with Kawaki."

"Unfortunately."

"Argh! I hate it!"

If only I could tell them to go out with him instead. I am not interested.

"So, are you still not going out with him? The girls are very jealous of you," Cho-Cho utters.

Is she trying to annoy me?

"I am not!" I shout.

"Okay, okay! Calm down. But don't blame me if they will insist," Cho-Cho adds.

If I only knew Boruto would not win this match I would have not wished I was the girl from the box.

My body shakes and I am feeling cold.

It's too late for me to regret now. Should I go or not?

What should I do?

"Ladies and gentlemen, before we completely leave this stadium I would like to call out for Sarada. Can you come down here just for a moment?" the host announces.

"I would like to formally introduce you to the winning Captain. As we have agreed upon, the lucky girl who turns out to be Sarada will have a meal with Kawaki of the Red Team right after this announcement. Sarada, can you step down for a moment?" he continues.