Chapter 40

[This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.]

He still doesn't move and our lips are still attached. I feel bad right now realizing I am currently in a very awkward position. I push him away and scream due to an extremely disgusting thing.

"Sarada?! Hey, wake up," I suddenly open my eyes and immediately get up from leaning against my seat. I see Chocho look so worried about me.

"Are you okay? I think you had a bad dream," she says while wrinkling her forehead. What? It was a dream?! Oh my...

I look around and I notice that everyone looks at me. They are all here not just me and the jerk and we have not arrived yet. So, I was just dreaming. My body heats up and I can say that my face turns red with embarrassment.

"What's wrong, Sarada?" our adviser asks she looks worried too.

"H-Huh?" I fluster. I don't have the energy to respond to her properly. My knees quiver and I tumble back on my seat.

"Your face is red," Chocho remarks and I cup my face. I can't believe I had a terrible dream.

"The worst nightmare I had..." I mutter and Chocho pats my back.

"Whatever it was, you're fine now," she comforts me, I still have my hands cup my face.

Why the hell did such a dream appear? I question myself yet I don't have an answer for it. It's so weird I thought it was real but it also feels strange. I feel strange inside my heart. I clench my chest because it beats wildly inside for no reason. Mixed emotions I guess.

"Here, drink this..." she offers me bottled water. I thank her after I receive it. I remove the cap and let the freshwater flow down to calm my heart. Thank goodness Chocho did not interrogate me about my dream or else it's embarrassing to tell her about it.

That dream still lingers inside my head as we are taking the road to the site. It's almost lunchtime and we are about to arrive at the place.

I sigh from time to time and I think Chocho notices it but never says a word to me. The bus suddenly stops and our adviser stands up from her seat. She faces us and says, "Welcome to the Saiko Wildbird Forest Park," my classmates rejoice and Chocho claps her hands together. She is happy to know we have arrived.

"Sarada, we are here!" she utters joyously. I smile at her and look outside the window then signage appears in front of my eyes. Exactly as what I saw in my dream. A slight sign of panic came to my mind that my nightmare will come true. I shake my head and try to forget about it.

"Alright, prepare your things. I will give you a signal if you can get down the bus. Wait for me to come back," she instructs and we all agreed. She steps down the bus and goes to talk with her co-advisers.

As we wait for her signal, we prepare our things and everyone can't help themselves to get excited.

She signals outside and the bus unloads passengers one by one. When all of us are finally outside, we can't stop ourselves from looking for the famous Mount Fuji. Our eyes wander around and we are all stunned at the beauty when we have found the mountain.

"Oh my... Mount Fuji is fantastic!" Tsubaki is amazed like everyone else. Some take photos of it and take self-shots and group photos. I take my phone out too to take a shot of the most beautiful scenery in front of me. I will send it to mom. Chocho makes a self-shot with the mountain as her background. I am not fond of making self-shots and posting them on the platform like the others.