Chapter 23

Good thing I was teamed up with Boruto and unfortunately, Chocho's with the jerk's team together with Sumire. The teacher left already and we were still in the field I don't know what we are going to discuss. I am waiting for Boruto to initiate the talk.

"Let's talk about it some other time. We have enough time to prepare. The next meeting is out of sight from now though. Let's just call it off," Boruto says and I guess everyone agrees with him. It's normal for him to act as a leader since he is the captain of the school's basketball team.

"Have you noticed Boruto was quite serious today? Don't you think it is because Sumire is teamed up with Kawaki?"

Was he though? Was it really because of her? I think I'm jealous right now.

Namida's voice is way too loud to be called a whisper but she does speak near Tsubaki's ear then the latter's face frowns in disgust.

"Hey, sadly we are not in the same team," Chocho's voice echoes in my ear. I turn to face her then she suddenly twitches her brow.

"Yeah..." I feeble almost drained of energy. She taps my shoulders and gestures to look at her and I did.

"What's the problem?" she asks and I shrug. I don't want to talk about it in the middle of the crowd. We went to the locker and change back to our school uniforms.

"Now tell me what's wrong," she starts when we settled down the school's cafeteria. I sigh before talking, "Everyone from my team seems to notice that Boruto was quite serious after the teams were formed." She pouts in confusion while collecting her thoughts.

"And you assume that it is because of that Sumire girl why he was acting strange?" wow, bullseye!

"Nope, not just me but most of the girls in my team," I correct her while waving my index finger at her. She shakes her head in disbelief.

"So we can conclude that they are truly dating?" can't we? didn't they? I'm crossing my fingers that that idea is wrong.

"I don't know," I faintly utter while stabbing the burger with a bread knife.

"You just killed the burger," she jokes but I'm not laughing at it. She then again speaks, "I bet it's the reason why you desperately want the letter back and let not Boruto get a hold of it."

Her statement saddens me, yes, I can't hide it though and all she had said were true.

"You know what will happen if I'll give him the letter, don't you? It looks like I pick a rock and hammer it on my head," I tell her and she shrugs.

"So no more love letters for him?" she asks and takes a bite from her sandwich. No, I guess. "So, you're going to just move on just as I am?" she adds. It's the only choice I have or there could be another option?

"Silence means yes. Please don't cry behind my back or else I will slap you on your face," she scares me but I know she's not going to do that.

"I miserably got defeated," I say and she smirks. She grabs the glass of juice and sips it on the straw. She clears her throat due to the coldness of her drink. Her glass is full of ice cubes.

"The weather isn't that hot though. Why did you put so much ice on your drink?" I remark and she smirks at me.

"It's because I thought we will be on the hot seat when you suddenly drags me here," she shrugs. She was saying that I was the one who made her put those extra ice cubes in her glass. Okay. I just shake my head.

"You know what? You easily jumped to the conclusion that Boruto and Sumire are a thing without confirming it first. I was just saying that unlike me, I confessed to him and now I'm one hundred percent sure that there is no way we're going to be together...now and all you have is your instincts," she tells me a long speech just to wake me up from my doubting senses.