|| fifty four ||

it had been two days. Two days since they discovered that baekhyun had been given blackthorn. It was clear amongst the whole mafia that it had taken a big hit on the morale, the commit had been cancelled for the moment, the whole building on lockdown and the bunny himself had retracted from all social interactions. Not even jimin knew where he was hiding.

There's a certain innocence in the way that the mafia leader had retracted from his role over the past days, crumbling hopelessly into his own self doubt and pity. He had only become the leader at 18 years of age, after suffering so much all at once, his fathers death, brothers disappearance and having to put his mother into a safe hiding place.

Jimin stared at the rain falling down the window, a playlist of his favourite songs playing from the speaker in the corner of his room, most of which Taehyung and Jungkook had introduced him to. It was late morning by now, spending a lazy morning in bed was an uncommon reward for him so he welcomed the prospect with wide arms. With the accompaniment of rain pattering against the window, he stood up, making the bed which was too big for him alone and walking into the kitchen. Pouring some cereal and milk into a bowl and mindlessly eating it as he wandered about how events would change over the next few months.

Would seokjin come after the jeon mafia? why even were they at war in the first place, honestly jimin hadn't a clue. He placed the half eaten bowl of cereal down on the counter top, his thoughts too loud for him to concentrate on eating, his hunger quenched by overthinking.

Jimin got dressed and left his room straight away, not wanting to spend much more time alone as he walked through the corridors to taehyungs dorm. Knocking on the door and waiting for a few moments before the door opened and he was allowed inside. " it's freezing in here..." he says, pulling his jacket in closer to his arms and looking to taehyung with a tilted expression.

" yeonjun has been scared" a deeper voice said, much differing tone; V. " he's scared that seokjin is going to take him away, he's created a fucking snow storm in there"

Jimin pursed his lips and nods, staring at the alter for a few moments. V had been fronting ever since the few days prior, Taehyung obviously falling back into their subconscious with the blow of information to do with baekhyun. It's taking its toll on everyone. " still no word from chanyeol right?"

" none at all, something must be happening in the Kim mafia for our communications to be so quiet.. they must be preparing to invade.. the only thing that can stop them now is operation Phoenix..."

" you and Jungkook talked about that at the party? " jimin said, remembering clearly the drunken conversations, but he still was yet to know what the operation entailed.

" operation Phoenix is the plan to take over the Kim mafia, to launch a full scale attack and take their base and make the whole mafia submit to the jeons... of course it's a very radical plan but crazy times call for crazy solutions..." v hummed, rubbing his hands together and blowing on them as he crouched down and turned on the small heater which undoubtedly wouldn't make much of a physical difference but it was the thought that counts.

" I miss Jungkook..." jimin admits quietly, white eyes trained on the glowing heater.

" me too... "

________

Authors notes :

It has been awhile-

a few months at least
but I rlly wanna rehype this book because I miss it and I'm gonna do it I swear... just pls stick with me Oki
<3