Back to my family

I didn't get tired as I ran. Then again I can't remember the last time I was tired. I stopped against a tree momentarily a wee while back to see if I was going in the right direction but that was all. So why did I suddenly feel so tired? Was it because I haven't stopped? I figure that it might be and lean against the tree. I really wish that my teleportation was working right now. I sigh and close my eyes. Maybe I'll rest here for a bit.

Triton wakes me up by telling me that the police were going to be driving past where I was hiding. I panic for a moment, having no idea what I was going to do to get out of this. Triton then gives me news by telling me that my teleportation was (finally) online. I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding and teleported away just in time as the police drove by as I completely disappeared.

I stumble into our garden and fall onto the grass before quickly getting up and walking through our garden and knock on the front door. Asheanna opens the door and almost immediately engulfs me in a hug. I smile and move her off my body and walk through into the lounge. Jemina is sitting there on one of the chairs and she stands up to give me a quick hug and I go and sit on one of the other chairs.

I stare at them all but don't say a word. Triton internally scans them to see if they were okay, they may have betrayed me but they are still my family and therefore I don't want them hurt. I would die infinite times over if that meant that they could enjoy their life with the least amount of hurt possible.

"I don't know why I came here, you're just going to send me back aren't you. I should go somewhere else but something tells me that being here is the safest place I can be right now." I told them.

"We're not going to send you back. We trust you, you don't have to trust us but please trust us to know that we are doing what is the best for you, we always have. We are on your side with this."

"Then at the hospital why did you all leave me?" I say as I sit up to be more comfortable. "I mean you say you are on my side and you left me to escape myself. That doesn't seem like you're on my side."

"Because we never believed you and we thought that you were being tricked, manipulated by someone. We didn't realise until we got home the mistake we had made and for that we are sorry, I will try and make sure it doesn't happen again. You have my promise."

"But you knew perfectly well that I don't lie about something like that. You should have known it was true from the start. But I get it, we all make mistakes because we are all mostly human."

"Yes! You have already missed too much so you can't miss anymore because that wouldn't be good for anyone." I just roll my eyes and sit back. "Also, do you need anything? Food maybe?"

"Nope. Not hungry for some reason. If I can just be left alone then that would be great. I don't know how long I have gone without watching any tv." Jemina goes and stands in front of the tv and I just act annoyed because I really am. "Can't a girl watch tv without being interrupted by someone or is that too much to ask?"

"Atchaco." Jemina said sternly. "We have just got you back and you want to watch tv. How about we play rummy or monopoly. Something as a family. Or maybe we can just sit and chat. That would be nice. Haven't done that in a while."

"Can't see that happening." I mutter under my breath.

"What did you just say to me?"

"What are you deaf that you can't hear what I am saying? I said I can't see that happening. Are family being the social type? But if we have to, which I hope not, then we can play rummy."

"Never speak to me like that again. It doesn't matter if you have run away from hospital after having a heart operation or not. Nothing gives you the right to speak to someone like that. So, you understand what I am saying." She comes in closer to me, so close in fact that I can feel her breath on my skin and it makes it crawl. "I said,'' Do you understand me?" She repeats this time a little louder just in case I hadn't heard her the first time which I had.

"Yes, mother, I do hear you. I am 'sorry' for being mean to you." I say trying to be mean and angry, but it is proving very hard. I give in and start to cry. "I really don't want to be mean but like you say sometimes the truth hurts." I walk over and squeeze her tight. Saying that I will never leave her again. Comfort her.

"Hey, it is okay. We knew you didn't really mean it. Let's just play some games. Rummy it was." She looks up at me and I smile and push my tears back. She strokes my head telling me everything is all right. "Sit down, we will go and get a table."

"We can play on the floor. I'll go and get a cushion." She laughs and we all sit down on the floor with cards on the ground. "Mum, can we have something to drink?" Asheanna looked up and she was smiling.

"I'd thought you'd never ask. Can I go and get the coke and crisps now, mum." I laugh. I can't believe Asheanna didn't have the courage to ask for something to drink until I, myself had asked. Then again, I used to be like that myself. Would get my sister to ask instead of me as I was worried that I wouldn't be allowed to, but that was the old me, I have courage now, I have changed now, I'm not who I was, I never will be again.

Later

The drinks are long gone, and we are on the last round of rummy which took longer than it should have because we kept on speaking and chatting about what had happened. That they are sorry for everything that they had done. That they wished that it never happened. I kept on wondering if they really knew that everything that had happened was Asheanna's fault. I would make sure that they would. I kept on looking at her with a devilish grin. Saying that it will happen. Saying that she can't keep it a secret forever. The truth will get out and I will make sure of it. She can say goodbye to being mama's little girl.

"The winner is Atchaco." Lenzonia announced like someone from the tv. "Just one thing, Atchaco." I nod at her. Letting her ask her a question. "You didn't use your powers, did you?" She asks me. I put a guilty grin on. I may have used some of my powers, but I wasn't going to tell them that. It is really funny to see them be confused about if I did.

"Nooo." I grin at them and they look smug at me. "Oh, I can't lie to you guys. I may have used some of them." They grinned at me. "Fine, yes I used my powers but only because I am bored of always losing to you guys, like I had done so many times before, also man you should have seen your faces, they were hilarious." They put on serious and angry faces. I gulp because I think that I am now in trouble before they all start laughing at me. "Good one. You actually had me convinced that I was in trouble there. Also, because we are all here, I need to tell you guys something." I say glaring at Asheanna who darts her eyes around the room before pointing at herself. I nod at her and she gulps for she knows what's coming to her, she knows the truth is finally going to come out, that she can't hide it anymore and surprisingly I have no guilt, but why would I, what she did was wrong.