Funny Bus Journeys

A week later and I am standing outside by the lunch hall, waiting for the buses to come and for Arthur to arrive. I am in a long pair of comfortable black jodhpurs and I am wearing my camp hoodie. It has all our names on the back, inside some numbers. It also has our real name above it. Mine says Atchaco C. Cornwall, it didn't have enough space to put my full set of entails. The writing is in a goldish colour while the base is in burgundy.

I hear footsteps come from behind me and I turn around to see Arthur standing there. He is wearing a pair of school trackies and his hoodie is the opposite of mine. Burgundy writing with a goldish coloured base. He walks over to me – he almost falls over the bump in the ground, but I catch him before his face can go splat.

"Watch where you're going, Arthur. I'm normally the clumsy one here. Certainly not you. Also have you seen Andrew lately? I'm getting worried about him."

"No, I haven't Atchaco. Sorry, but hey, the front seats are open." He says pointing towards the window.

"Can we sit in the back of the bus with the curtains closed? Sunlight hurts my eyes." I tell him looking downwards.

"What are you a vampire or something?" I glared at him and his remark. "I mean yeah sure." He rubs the back of his head out of pure nervousness and drags me to the back of the bus and closes the curtains. Riley and Ashêanna come up to the back of the bus and ask if they can sit with us. We say sure and they sit down. I am sitting second from the middle. I bring out my phone and start to leiten to some music. My favorite music.

I close my eyes and rest my head against the headrest, ever so slowly slipping my head onto Arthur's strong shoulder. When he feels my head leaning on him he faces downwards to my oddly shaped body, not injured due to my hypermobility keeping it flexible and unharmed. And he just smiles at me. He strokes my hair before placing his coat on my lap to make sure I stay warm, despite my body barely being effected by the worlds harsh temputures. I lifted my head up ever so slightly and looked at him before placing it back down again. He notices the earphones on my ears and goes to take them out just for me to shake my head, telling him to not take to, that the sounds are calming me.

"Oh, come on. Having them in while sleeping isn't good for you. Let me take them out."

"No, it helps calm me and distract me from everything, all the problems of life, Andrew. Makes me feel brave enough to face them so let me just keep listening to it."

"Fine, but what are you listening to anyway? There are certainly some songs you can't be listening to when you fall to sleep, you know that. Upbeat one's are certainly off the menu because they will affect your REM."

"Well right now I am listening to Demons. It is a very nice song. It's by Imagine Dragons you know. You should really listen to it. I think you would like it. Or do you not like it? I don't mind if you don't like them."

"Actually I do like them. The fact that they have a good variety of songs. I understand why you do like them, but please stop." I stare at him before handing him my headphones and going back to sleep. He promptly went and put the headphones on. He should have asked to listen to my music. I would have said yes, I am that kind of person after all.

----------

I didn't know how long had passed but I suddenly felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I moan as I open my eyes and look up at them. Ashêanna is standing right in front of me with her hands on her hips. The bus is really quiet and it is only when I look around that I realize why. The bus is empty but we are not at our intended destination.

"What -yawn- do you want? I was sleeping and we are not there yet. Also where is everyone." Ashêanna growls at me as she moves her hands about, looking like she is going to kill me.

"We are having a break if you didn't notice. You can go into the shop and buy something. Come on. They told me to get you after they realized that you weren't there."

"Hmm... fine but only because I need the toilet and something to eat, okay." I get up and walk with my twin into the shop. The first thing I do is hurryingly go to the toilet. Once I finish up I quickly wash my hands before coming into the sweet shop. It is filled to the brim with sweets. I just couldn't pick what to have. There were so many amazing choses. Bon-bons, chocolate, lemon sherbet, double-dip are just to name a few of the things that dazzled my eyes.

Without me noticing, my tongue started to hang out of my mouth and Ashêanna laughed. I didn't know why but really I didn't care. I was in sweetie heaven. Why would I care? She walked around the shop and I lost her after she went behind the milk chocolate wall. Yes, a wall. It was a wall piled high with chocolate. I ran after her but she was already gone. I then after 5 minutes of searching for her went to the pix and mix and filled up my bag with lots of sweets. It was mainly bon-bons. My favourite type of sweets.

I then went to the counter to pay for them, I got out my purse to pay but nearly dropped it when I saw the price. £6 on sweets. How. I got over it and brought out a fiver and a pound coin. I was about to hand it to him when a hand came from behind me holding a credit card and paid my bill contactlessly. I turn around and Arthur is standing there. My mouth drops and if it could have it would have hit the floor. Why had Arthur done that, I mean yeah it was nice but why? He smiled as I picked up my big bag of sweets. I offered him one but he pushed the bag back at me along with a can of doctor pepper. My favourite type of drink but how did he know? I just smiled at him as we walked back on the bus and sat down.

After both me and Arthur sat down and buckled up in our seats I looked at him. His hair was so tidy and it smelt really good. What was I to him? ''In the shop Arthur." I say lots of words with his generosity. "Why did you do that for me? Why did you pay for my sweets and how did you know my favourite type of drink? I mean it's nice but it's also quite creepy that you did know."

"I just wanted to be nice to my friend. My best friend. I mean you're the only person that has been really nice to me. So I wanted to do something nice for you. As for the drink I had asked your sister what it was. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind, I was just confused, that's all. But when you say the nice things I've done for you I'm confused. I haven't done anything nice for you, in fact if I think about it I think I have been a pain in the neck for everyone."

"You have been there for me. You listen to what I say and when I am lonely you sit with me. That's all I need for someone to be my friend. They don't have to physically do something for me. Just be there. That's a true friend." I looked at him and nodded.

"I guess you're right. I've been looking for the wrong people all my life for something when you were the answer, you had the answer to all my problems. The truth of what a person is really meant to be."

"Don't get too deep in that subject."

"I won't... yet. Now I'm going back to sleep. Wake me up when we get there, okay?"

"Yeah, I guess." I smile at him before closing my eyes and falling asleep on his shoulder once again. Bag of sweets in my handbag lying across my left shoulder. He laughs as the bus gets started up and we leave the car park.