I'm Boarding!

"Mum, what do you mean I'm boarding!" I shout at my mum. I was currently in my room after school and my mum told me that I would be boarding. Not that I have any idea why, we always went home every night after school. Sometimes we would board if an event was happening at school but we haven't done that after my accident, it would just be too difficult.

"Well, you have missed so much school, Atchaco. You just need some time to catch up with your friends and see how they are doing. Boarding would be perfect for that. Also we are redecorating your room so that it can more easily accommodate you."

"Asheanna is boarding too, right?" I ask. "I won't be alone in school, I never did like the thought of that."

"Yes, both of you are boarding. I would never want to only have one of you, that wouldn't make any sense."

"I guess it will do but what about my needs?"

"I have already spoken to your houseparents. Your needs will be met. I will see you in 3 weeks, maybe 4."

"You're not just redecorating my room are you?" I ask her, confused as to why it would be for so long.

"You of all people should know that it takes a long time to decorate a room. Especially if the room in question is yours."

"You have a point there. See you in 3 to 4 weeks then."

"Oh and Atchcao."

"Yes, mum."

"Make sure you look after Asheanna. After your accident people were being too hard on her."

"2 things. One I was sending her the text message while you were speaking to me and second why were they being so hard on her. She had not done anything wrong. I was the one to say yes to doing it."

"You are right there. It's just that they thought it was her fault for not helping you. They were very hard on her. They also thought that you were dead or would never wake up. Different people had different thoughts about your state. So, please just look after her."

"Yeah, sure. She's my twin. We may have bad times but we still love each other, we stick together through thick and thin."

"That is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks Atchaco. See you soon."

"Bye." I smile not that she is able to see it and then hang up. I sit down on my bed and put my hands through my hair and sigh before leaving to go to tea.

Later

My tea was really good. Did I mention that we were having burgers. The school's burgers are always really good. Andrew was so scared that I was going to hurt him (I guess he learnt his lesson from the last time he annoyed me) that he wouldn't come anywhere near me, my friends or even my house. I didn't mind him doing that. But if he does annoy me you can bet that I will be there to hurt him in a heartbeat.

Then I went back to my house, I went into my room and did my prep sitting at my desk. It was all really easy. I then went into Amylase's room to help her with her English creative writing piece. Amylase was sitting on her bed with her story in her hand. It was my job to edit it while typing it up, we always did that and the teacher didn't mind. I walked over to her and she handed me her essay. I read through it all and smiled. It was actually really good. I wouldn't need to edit much of it. I then went and sat down by her desk and reached for her laptop.

I suddenly saw lots of stuff I couldn't recognise. I also saw stuff that I really wish I didn't have to see, namely her diary. When it all started to give me a huge migraine so I pulled my hand back and held onto it. I looked down at it to see if something was wrong but nothing was. I looked over at Amylase with a confused face, nearly hyperventilating.