Ready To Die

I stretch my arms up and above my head before placing them back down again. I have no idea why I was out of a seemingly long time. In fact I have no idea who I am. I try and get up but I can't get my legs to respond to any of my commands. I look up and see some people looking at me. I try and see who they are but my vision is swimming in the back of my mind.

"Who's there? Show yourselves. I'm not scared." I shout into the blackness and the shadowy figures. No one responds to my demand. "I said step into the light where I can see you or are you scared of what I can do." I laugh and lean back in my chair.

"We're not scared of you, Atchaco." I stare at her. Atchaco? The name sounds familiar to me but I don't know why it does. "It should be you that is scared of us, not the other way around."

"I have powers and I am not afraid to use them!"

"I don't even think you know how to use them. So, what use are they to you." I just huff at them but don't say anything. They slowly stand forward and come over to me. They bend down in front of me and smile while shaking there head. I am shocked to see who is standing there. I know she is very important to me but I can't get her name, it is on the tip of my tongue.

"Do you even know how I am."

"I know you are important to me but I don't know why. In fact I don't even know your name. Do you mind telling me it?" I chuckle at her and she sighs.

"My name is Asheanna Cornwall and I am important to you because I am your sister. Your identical twin sister in fact."

"Em. Okay. Do you know why I can't move my legs." I say smiling at her. I mean she says she is my sister so obviously I can trust her. She wouldn't go against me, would she?

"Yes." Asheanna says placing her hands on my legs and leaning in. "I do know why you can't move your legs but no, I am not her to save you. Oh, certainly not. I am here to watch you die." I stare at her in shock before trying to escape but it is no use I can't go any where.

"Why! Why will you not help me. Why do you want to watch me die. Why! Your my sister. My twin. My literal soul mate. Why would you do this to me." She hesitates before tilting her head in closer to mine so her rough lips are up beside my left ear.

"Cause you think you can trust anyone but in this game the rules are different. Life is different. And he's right, Atchaco. You can't trust anyone. Not even your family. Your on you own from now on." She lifts herself of my body while strapping my arms down on the chair and leaving going back into the darkness.

I see another body in the darkness, they are holding something in their hand. It moves slightly and I see it glint off the lights from my body and I gulp. I know what it is. It's a knife. The man comes a little bit closer so I can just make out his face in the black. I know him and I don't want to be near him. Not right now. He whispers something in his cold, hard, cruel and lifeless voice and I just manage to make out what he is saying.

"Are you ready... to die?" My eyes would have bulged out of my head if it was possible but it was not. I just leaned back further, shivering in fear. He is prying ever so closer to my seat. Knife tightening in his muscular grip. A smug grin on his clean, smooth but deceiving face. He looks like someone who would be working as a police officer rather than a murderer or a criminal.

"What do you want with me? I don't even mean anything to you." I hiss at him while putting more power in my right arm so I can strangle him. "My dad did but you killed him. Isn't that enough for you or can you never be pleased?" I stare up at him and he rolls his eyes.