The Cornwall tree

In books you get all different types of families. You can get happy ones and sad ones. Nervous ones and bold ones that are ready to do anything. Big ones and small ones. All those families seem to have a lovely life filled with joy and the rare mishap or tantrum, but in reality families don't always get along. They aren't near perfect as portrayed. They are messed up. Imperfect. Lonely. Different. Unsure.

Mine don't get along. The size of my family is not a problem though, like it sometimes is for other families, ours is the type of family that we are. Our family is complicated to say the least. We are so different from each other that we find ourselves having fun and not thinking about what the others are doing when we are by ourselves. Sometimes people have a hard time knowing that we are in fact a family and I just laugh at them, trying so hard to figure it all out, never realizing that it might never happen.

Was my life always like this? To be honest, I don't really know, in fact I don't know if anyone ever does. But to give a simple answer that might be closer to the truth than I think would be no, no it was not always like this because surely if it was then I would not be documenting my life right now for it would have no excitement, no change, doing the same thing every day and having the same arguments over the simplest things would not be a story worth writing about. Also, the title would not be what it is, now would it?

My mother, Jemina, is quite a short little woman but she makes up for this with her joyfulness that I have not seen anyone else carry to the extent that she does. She can always be recognized with her pastel purple, wavy hair that is held back nicely with a butterfly clip. Jemina is nearly always smiling and this is due to her cannot be let down attitude for she is a lady that can always find a good thing inside a bad thing, even more than I can, like how she can find and understand good things in really bad people, like murderers for example. She made sure that I and nearly everyone else that she meets is happy and cheerful despite how bad something can be, making them feel more worthy and optimistic in the world. I really like her for that and glad that she has that amazing attitude. I couldn't ask for a better person to be my mother.

Jemina had an okay childhood. She was brought up in a poor part of town, for that she was made fun of, but that never broke her spirits. Her sister took ill when she was young, because they were fairly poor they couldn't afford to get her medicine that she really needed, this ended in her dieing, luckily it was a quick death and she suffered no further pain while travelling to the afterlife. Having to let go of the pain of her past might be why she is so good at being optimistic in the future.

My father, Serch, is quite the opposite of his wife. He is not very fond of children and would rather spend the day in his room writing judgements or something of the sort and no one can see how she came to be with a man like him, but people do sometimes say that it is opposites that attract. He was so important to the courts that some said that he owned the place, though every time he was asked if this was true, he would just say 'not in this world, not in any' and walk away, leaving everyone baffled.

His hair is dirty white with a bit of yellow showing through, dull compared to his bright white, false teeth. He has broad shoulders and a strong muscular body, not that I know how as I have never seen him work out once. He is rather tall though he is shrinking and therefore I am now nearly the same height as him as I write this, or at least I would be.

My twin, Ashêanna, is a very amusing person and fun to be around. She also has the mental age of someone about 7 and finds content in playing with her dolls or dancing, sometimes even doing both, but what she really loves to do is play games and read stories about magical, faraway lands that only the imagination can reach. She sometimes has a go at writing her own, and I must say that they are actually really good stories, and the illustrations, no matter how confusing they may be still, show what they are meant to show.

To top off her near perfect personality and traits, her skin is a lovely chestnut colour that brings out the sparkle in her eyes during the summer and the warmth in the winter, that lights up even the coldest of souls, so much so that I have never seen anyone get angry with her for all angry just melts away. Her hair flows loosely down the side of her head in nice, tight, deep brown ringlets, sometimes when it is in her way or very hot, she will tie it nicely behind her head in a low, messy bun.

My big sister, Lenzonia, is an odd sort of person. She is so strange and confusing that she makes the mad hatter seem normal and sane. Her hair is always tied behind her head but is so long that it still reaches down to her waist. Her skin is very, very, very light brown, that is never noticeable with the amount of makeup that she uses. You could never tell that she was part-African, like the rest of us.

She loves to read and write as much as I like to do myself, and she is the most wonderful artist. Like most teenagers her age she likes to think about love and chat with her friends, but the thing that is strange about her is that all her interests are centred around death and rebirth, like she is a goth but she never behaves or gives us any hints that she is one. I should know that the best, I am a goth myself, and always have been.

My only brother, Serch, is strong and very tall like my father. If it weren't for the fact that my bones were so odd then he wouldn't be the tallest person I know. He has curly, brown messy hair, but still is somehow neat on the top of his head. He has shaved the sides of his head and sideburns to make it look cooler, well let me just say this, it does nothing for him, some people can pull it off but he is just not one of them.

He can have a very bad temper, he is like the Hulk minus the powers, when he is angry, so it isn't a good thing to try and tick him off, you will regret it so much. He loves spending his time reading comics and he was actually the one that got me into superheroes to begin with, if it weren't for him things could have gone differently throughout all our lives. For all you know it could have been worse than what Hitlers plans would have been.

Then there is me, Atchaco-Leigh Catrina Madron Cornwall. Some people have also called me odd due to the fact that I suck at introductions and ANY social skills in general, but it isn't my fault that I have autism, I have always had it and I always will, doesn't matter how hard I try to reverse the effects, not that I want to. I am also very different from everyone which you have probably already figured out, I mean this story wouldn't really exist if I wasn't.

I am not from Asgard or Krypton or a secret island or even from a mystical city at the bottom of the sea, in fact I am not entirely sure what I am myself, nor do I know how to find out. But I do not need to know who I really am, none of us really do, all I need to know is that life isn't perfect in any way, shape or form, that you will always need to keep an eye out for anything that could happen, as in life anything is possible.

Now I have reasons for what I just said, mainly because I have lived to see the proof that anything is possible and anyone can be something they do not claim to be, and also don't want to claim to be. Now before I can tell you about how I came to find out all that information about what I know, I need to tell you how I came to be, for then it will be easier to understand anything else that I am about to tell you.