Time of Revenge

A couple of weeks after what had happened, I finally gained the courage to go back to school. To face everyone. It was harder than you think, especially if the murderer's son is there. Every time I turn my head to look behind me, he is there. Looking into my soul with his villainous eyes. Planning. Stalking. Haunting. Threatening. Waiting. It scares me. What does he want. His father succeeded in getting what he wanted. So why follow me. Why want me. What possible use could he want with me?

Today was no different. I was coming out of maths and heading to the dining hall for lunch and I turned around. Andrew was standing there. His dark, pupil less eyes were staring into my soul. A felt a shiver go down my spine. I would normally just ignore him and walk away but today something inside me said that I should talk to him. See what he wants. So, I slowly walked over to him. Hesitating. Worried. Yet somewhat excited. He looked at me and smiled. It wasn't a devilish grin like the one I had seen on his father when he killed mine but a soft, welcoming one. I had to be careful, it could be a trick. He was never nice to me.

"Don't be scared. I don't want to hurt you. I just want to talk." Andrew said. I felt calmer now that he said that, but I was still on high alert. Nearly every muscle in my body tense and ready to attack.

"What do you want?" I spat at him. "What could you possibly want with me?"

"I just want to say sorry for your loss. You father was a nice man. I would never want him killed."

"Too late now. Your father killed him."

"Yes, my father if I can call him that. I didn't want him too."

"Then why did you give him the information needed to kill us. If you had not done that then my dad would still be alive. So, let me ask you again. What do you want with me."

"I really just wanted to say sorry for your loss. I meant no harm. I didn't want to tell father, but he looked so calm. So nice. So harmless."

"Oh, really. Him. Your dad. Harmless. Do you even know the meaning of the word. Wait, don't answer that. But what would make you of all people think that. He deceives people all the time. That's how his life works. That's how he gets everything he needs. Everyone he wants. That's how he got you." I stare at him and press him against the wall. I am angry and want to kill him. But if I do that, I am no better than his father, and his father is a mad man.

"Please don't hurt me. Just put me down. I honestly had no ill doings towards your father. He was a nice, fair man. I liked your father and I like you as a friend."

"Then why did you follow me around. Stalking. You don't make your case sound any better."

"Because I wanted to say sorry to you. Make you understand what I really felt about what happened. Not wat you felt. I just wanted you to understand and then put this all behind us. For us to become friends. So, what do you say?" He brings his hand out of for me to shake it. "Friends?" I stare at his hand for a moment before pushing it aside. He looks at me sadly.

"We will never be friends. Not after what happened. You still have to pay the price though seeing as you had a big part to play. Not right now though. I don't feel like it. So, just watch out because you will never know when it will happen." Andrew gulps as I turn and walk away. He stands there, standing in the hallway looking at the ground.

A few days later

I am on the playing field during break when I see Andrew sitting on one of the benches by himself. He is reading a book. I walk up behind him, looking down I can see what he is reading. Harry Potter. I grab his book and grab his attention with it. As soon as he sees me standing there, he jolts his body backwards, trying to get out of my reach. He fails as I just lean in closer towards his face. He breathes deeply, almost hyperventilating.

Andrew darts his eyes around the playground to see if he can't spot a teacher who can help him in his predicament. Sadly, for him there is none. I pick him up with surprising nearly no effort and throw him into the wall. I then stomp over to him. Fist clenched in balls. I am huffing. I am ready. I am a fighter. I am a warrior.

"Please don't hurt me. I don't even know what you want." Andrew mumbles between breaths.

"Oh, you know fine well what I want with you. I told you that it would happen. I told you to be ready." I state. Dragging him higher up the wall with every word. "but there you were sitting, reading. Not ready. Perfect for me." I press my face into his. Almost touching. I grin while laughing. Then I drop him to the floor. He falls but doesn't get up. "Get up. Fight me. You always say you were a good boxer now prove it." I say motioning with my hands for him to come closer.

Andrew looks up with me, pleading for me not to make him do it. I just smirk. He gets onto one knee and then brings himself up onto his feet. "Please. I don't want to do this. I don't want to fight you. Just let me go." I stare at him and shake my head. No way was I letting him go. He had to pay for what he did, what his father managed to do." I ran over to him and punched him in the face. I hear a scream as he stumbles away. His nose is bleeding and out of place. It is broken.

"What was that for." He screamed at me."

"I told you to fight. Be ready. You didn't duck. That's a classic boxing move. Can't believe you didn't see that one coming. I say point at his nose. Laughing at him. He is pathetic. "Come on, give me your best shot." He shakes his head in anger before coming at me. I swing my body down and around so his back is facing me then I punch him in the back, making him fall over onto his knees. "Get up. Fight me. You're a wimp. A coward. Nothing more, nothing less. You try to make something of yourself by being really smart and playing basketball, which by the way you are really good at, but you are nothing. You're a nobody. A fake. A fraud." I spat at him.

He turns his body around to face me. He is still lying on the ground and he is clutching his stomach. I walk over and kneel down in front of him. I am about to punch him in the face when I feel four arms restrain mine behind my back, stopping me from hitting him. They yank me up off my knee and pull me back. "Stop this at once, Atchaco!" I hear someone say. I turn around shaking the arms off of me and see my teacher standing there. "What has gotten into you, you normally don't act like this?"

"I'll tell you what has gotten into me!" I say as I stand closer to her. I bring my arms up, ready to punch her but feel the arms pull me back again. I turn my head left to right to see 2 of the P.E. teachers standing there. "My father is dead and it's all his fault." I point to behind me, where Andrew is lying, shaking in fear. "Just because my dad did the right thing. It would have been me if he succeeded."

"That is no excuse for what he did."

"Attempted murder! Is the truth not good enough."

"Yes, I do admit it is a bad thing but still. It's no excuse. It is not your job to get back at them. To make them pay." I bow my head down, turning it away from her. "Now, Mike, Duo. Please take Andrew to the med centre to get checked out. Atchaco please come with me." She say's point at me. I sigh before following her to the headmaster