Chapter 53

Mandy's POV

I pulled into the apartment's parking lot. I took Tanner out of his seat. "Come chase me mother!" Tanner started to run. I chased after him, in the pouring rain, up to our apartment. We arrived at the door. I took the key out of my purse and handed it to Tanner. He unlocked it and open the door very fast. I slammed against the wall when it open.

"Daddy..." Tanner paused. My heart sunk to the ground. He was on top of a girl. They were making out. Jack ran over to me. "It's-it's not what it seems like." The girl got up. It was Leigh! Jack tried to hold my arm, but I jerked it away from him. "Mandy..." I picked Tanner up and ran back down to the car. I was crying while running down to the car. Jack was following me. I quickly unlocked the car's door and put Tanner in his car seat. I shut Tanner's door. I was walking fast to get to the driver's side, but Jack pulled me back. "WHAT DO YOU WANT JACK! THERE IS NO EXPLAINING TO DO!" "Please... I'm sorry." I ignored him and got him. I locked the door. Jack put his hand on the window. "Please Mandy..." I heard him outside the window. I backed the car back and hit the gas to go.

I was crying going down the interstate. More like bawling my eyes out. "Mommy. Where are we going?" "I don't know. Just close your eyes and go to sleep." "Ok mommy." I looked up in the rearview mirror. Tanner obeyed my commands. Where can we go?