Chapter 1

Mandy's POV

Tanner is astonished with all the buildings and cars around us. "Tanner guess where we are?" I asked him. "Um in a city." He said. "Can you guess the city?" "New York?" He asked. "Haha. Close... Kinda, but no, we are in California." I told him. "CALIFORNIA!" He screamed. I giggled. "Yes baby. California."

We arrive at the apartments close by the college. I parked my car in the register parking lot. I had to register because I needed to get the apartment keys. I turned off the car engine. I undid my seat belt. I got out of the car and walked over to Tanner's side of the car so I could get him out. I opened Tanner's door. I undid his seat belt. I then picked him up, shut his door, then carried him inside. I walk to the front desk. "Yes mam, how can I help you?" The girl asked me. "I'm suppose to get my keys for the apartment." I told her. "What's your name?" She asked me. "Mandy Ours." I told her. She then opened a book and looked through it. "Are you from Utah?" She asked. "Yes mam." I told her. "Okay here you go." She then handed me the keys. "You are apartment 4B." She told me. "Okay thanks!" I said. We then went back to the car. I put Tanner back in his seat and buckled him in. I then got in the driver's side and put my seat belt on. I started the car and drove to my apartment.

I parked my car close by our apartment. Before I got out of the car, I hung up a parking permit sign on my rear view mirror. I got out of the car, walked over the Tanner's side, unbuckled him, then took him out of the car. "Mommy. It's beautiful here." He said. "I know baby." I told him. I then grabbed his hand. We walked up four flights of stairs to get to our apartment. We then saw a sign that said 4B. We walked to the door and unlocked it. The apartment was empty when we walked in it. It was an apartment with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. It was $800 a month and $20 for the wifi, but that's alright because I found a good paying job down here. "You like it here Tanner?" I asked him. "Yeah, but where is the furniture?" He asked me. "Haha. We are going to go get that." I said. "When mommy?" He asked. "Now." I said.

We walked back out to the car. We carried our suitcases in. We then walked out. I made sure the door was lock. I buckled in Tanner and I got into the driver side. I put on my seat belt. I started the car. We were off to buy furniture.