Chapter 7

Jack's POV

After we finished buying furniture at Ashley's Furniture we decided to go eat out.

"Where you guys want to go?" I asked them. "Let's go eat at a Chinese buffet." Sam said. "Sounds good to me." Jack added. "Alright. Chinese it is." I said. I knew where a Chinese buffet was in California because we passed one when we went to Bed Bath & Beyond. It took us five minutes to get there.

I parked my Jeep in a parking place. We all got out of the car and walked in. "How many?" The lady asked. "Three." I said. She showed us our table. "What would you like to drink?" She asked. I said water, Jack said Dr.Pepper, and Sam said Mt.Dew. We all went up to the buffet center and got us some food.

After getting my food, I went back to our table. I was the first person to set at our table, Johnson was next, then Sam. We all ate in peace for about a couple minutes until Sammy spoke up. "You think you guys will get homesick?" He asked us. "Hell no." I said. "I love it here." Jack said. "I kind of miss the girls back at Omaha." Sam said. "Yeah." Jack said. I just nodded my head. We were talking about random subjects until Jack got my full attention. "I wonder how Mandy is doing?" "I know right. We haven't seen her since sophomore year." Sam said. I didn't feel like talking about Mandy, so I got up to get me some dessert. I guess Jack and Sam notice I didn't want to talk about her.

We were at the Chinese buffet for about a half a hour. I paid for the food. We all walked back out to the car. "We better hurry and get home before the furniture people arrived." I said. They both nodded there head.